Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Welding Helmets

Default Welding Helmets

Hey I've been looking for a normal welding helmet(non autodarkining) but I am lookin for some that have the different styles and such but all i have found them in was auto darkining ones? I know jackson makes them but i havent been able to find someone that sells them or found them on their site. Does anyone know of somewhere to get a nonauto darkining hood? Thanks
    Last edited by weld_13; 07-26-2007 at 09:23 AM.
    welding...its awsome

hold on a few i know just the place

Inferno Forge

Chris

here it is they are fixed shade lenseshttp://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...7C0&rsview=sku Hope I helped

Inferno Forge

Chris

thinking bout getting me a cheap fixed- shade 1 to pratice with cause in voctional they only let you uses them

Inferno Forge

Chris

Thanks. I didn't know that, but isn't it a little early for gettin votec stuff?
    welding...its awsome

nah 1 year need to get use to those hoods so i can weld like i weld with auto dakening hood

Inferno Forge

Chris

I use my speedglass a work. bought if a few years ago for $300. Now, problem is it's so tapered towards the bottom, I can't wear my respirator underneath it. So I go back to my 951P f(I think)rom Gaspro. I like it, 'cause it has a large window. I use shade 10 lens. cost $40 regular, $25 during the tent sale. Next tent sale this Aug 4-5th. Hope to get my tig setup then...The gaspro and Air Liquide shops have a good supply of non-darkening helmets. My co-workers use the smaller window, but has the flip up window that is clear behind, so they can grind without taking off the whole helmet.
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

are you looking for the ones shaped like a skull or bulldog face ?? if so i have seen them on e-bay but not shore where else to look for them.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by weld_13 View Post
    Hey I've been looking for a normal welding helmet(non autodarkining) but I am lookin for some that have the different styles and such but all i have found them in was auto darkining ones? I know jackson makes them but i havent been able to find someone that sells them or found them on their site. Does anyone know of somewhere to get a nonauto darkining hood? Thanks
    Here is a Jackson Shadow helmet.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Shadow-W...QQcmdZViewItem

is this what you are looking for only in a non-auto type??
    http://cgi.ebay.com/FLAMING-SKULL-SO...QQcmdZViewItem
    why cant you use an auto hood in vo-Tec. ?? as long as its cirtified you should be able to use it in school.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES