Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Got to work today and there it was (Airco TIG) sitting on the shop floor. Any help finding out if it's a miller and finding literature for it would be greatly appreciated. At the left lower front panel is "LR5071." At middle lower front panel is "L & SP #1112-A." At the right lower front panel is "27P324C." The model number is 2A/DDR-24HPA/B-D.
    Airco TIG welder 001.jpg

While looking at the photos, noticed the serial number in the upper left corner of the front face plate (didn't notice it at first glance). Serial number for this Airco machine is #J177988.

My thanks to Miller service tech Kevin Schuh. I sent him a PM and he responded very quick. This Airco machine that I posted pictures of was made by Miller in 1960. It is comparable to a Miller 330ABP. I've called the Miller manuals department and the nice gal there is researching my information and will e-mail the operators manual. This is an old heavy beast, but appears to be in very good condition for it's age. Once I get it home, I will pull the covers and clean/check/ and adjust things as needed. Once I get the machine up and running, I'll post some more info, pics, of my attempts at welding aluminum. I'm glad this machine ended up being made by Miller. It may be orange instead of blue, but it's a classic. Again, thanks to Kevin and the Miller team.

Default Manual for Airco DipCor 300 mig welder

Any assistance you could give me in locating a manual for this welder would be appreciated. The name tag refers to an AD1938 operator's manual. Don't know if this manual includes parts or not but would like to have a parts manual as well as an operator's manual. The following info is on the machine. L&SP 5228,
    Code 0855, Ser. No. DH404037 and Stock 1346 7038.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Don

Post Airco heliwelder manual needed

I can't seem to find any reference to this machine, it is very similar to the 340 a/b but it is a 400 amp machine. I would like to find a manual or any other pertinent information for this specific machine please. Model: 4A/DDR 224 HPA/B D Serial #K206821

Thanks in advance,
    Osar
    Last edited by Osar; 12-08-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osar View Post
    I can't seem to find any reference to this machine, it is very similar to the 340 a/b but it is a 400 amp machine. I would like to find a manual or any other pertinent information for this specific machine please. Model: 4A/DDR 224 HPA/B D Serial #K20682

Thanks in advance,
    Osar
    How about a couple of pics of your machine..??..

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default Airco unit

It looks like it crosses over to a 340A/BP. That would be the closet manual we have for it.
    Our manuals dept should be able to locate a manual for you, you can reach them at 920-735-4356.
    The K serial number prefix means it was built in 1961.
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/y...D262E792C6.jpgI have the 340 manual, but this machine is physically larger and has a lot more amperage capacity.

And thanks, Kevin.

My phone only let's me post 1 pic per post. Annoying. http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/y...B112B53D8C.jpg

You have a relative of my 340. Grab the 340 manual.

I run mine off a 50A breaker at the moment, though that's obviously too small to max it out. (It's in a metal ISO container shop so if all the wiring went nova I'd be safe, but I don't get ignorant with it.)

Very nice arc. Enjoy your machine!

Panel.jpg
    Last edited by 1930case; 12-15-2013 at 11:12 PM.