Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Most likely a three phase mig machine.
    Pull the top and look at the voltage control. Should be three variable transformers on one shaft. check the brushes. If worn out they can be hard to get. ARC products might had a manual for that machine and some of the parts.
    Glenn 300 amp stick
    Millermatic 35
    L-tec plasma

Yes Kevin it is a 2.25 Thanks.

You can see photos of it here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~swanson.systems/Welder/

Default Airco welder

I am trying to find imformation on an older airco welder and would greatly appreciate any help you can give me. The stock# is 0341-0260 and serial# is 72-644791.
    What year was it made?
    Who made it?
    Are parts and a manual still available?

Thank You

Are you sure about the stock number? Could it be 1341-260? If it is 1341-260 then the unit crosses over to a Miller 250 Twin and the serial number shows it was built in 1972. You should be able to get a manual for it from our literature dept. As for parts, I'm sure some are still around but it will be limited.
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Default Can you please identify/ point me in the direction of a manual?

Hi,

I have an Airco 300 amp AC/DC Squarewave Tig/stick welder. All gauges are red digital. Whenever I weld with it in stick mode, it will start fine (seems to represent starting amps I set), but will fade into a very high amperage that will almost blow up the rod it seems. This will happen, no matter how I adjust the amperage, DCSP, DCRP, or AC (which buzzes a lot). Someone suggested this might be a "hall device" that senses what current is actually going to the electrode. Does this sound right?

Does anyone know of where I can at least get a manual for this old unit? Apparently, the tig function was all that was used and it worked "fine".

Would it matter if the one of the 220V hot legs were switched? My air compressor still runs fine in my outlet, but perhaps the previous owner wired it backwards? Does it even matter in single phase?

Thanks a bunch, heres all the nameplate data:

Code: 0933
    Serial: MH 405055
    Stock: 1341 0290

Lower on the tag is says: L&SP 5399

On the left side it says the manual is API-1942 and that the machine was made by the BOC Group in Murray Hill, NJ

Default Airco portable welder

I have an opportunity to purchase an AIRCO Wasp ll 180 amp with a kohler 12hp with leads. Asking price $375. Is this a good deal? Can parts still be purchased? Do they cross with Miller? How long has AIRCO been out of business?

Stir,

If you can get the Airco model number I may be able to verify what you have there. Looking at my cross reference it is most likely comparable to the Miller Roughneck 1.

Some parts are still available for the Roughnecks but not all of them.
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Default Thanks

I will try and get that info.

Default Airco Wasp ll

All I could find out is there is a D after WASP. Does that help any? I would like your opinion. At the price being asked for this unit, if it cranks and welds good, is it a decent price?

Default Airco

The Airco 450 is a MidStates built machine. weldersales