Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Bobcat 250 vs Ranger 250 vs ????????

I'm wanting to do some weekend work that'll consist of welding on heavy equipment and various types of welding for some extra money. I'll be rigging up an early 80s model Chevy dually. I've been reading on how the bobcat would bee a good machine being that it also works as a generator. Also, I want to eventually go to work for myself but I don't see that happening anytime soon but I want have a machine that's going to be functional for me once I go independent. If there are other manufactures or models that you think would be ideal, I'm all ears. Amy opinion is greatly appreciated!

I worked for a construction company as a welder for 8-9 years welding all types of heavy equipment. I had a bobcat 250 and loved it. I ran it was everyday with no major problems. However I never did air arc with it because I was afraid it wouldn't handle it. But since I joined this site people say it will with small carbon. Good luck

Someone was showing some pictures one time under the hood side by side the miller was made better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpack View Post
    Someone was showing some pictures one time under the hood side by side the miller was made better.
    Here's a link to the thread mentioned, it has a link to you tube video comparing the two machines.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...cat+Vs.+Ranger