Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast

here is a pic. of a thing I made for my Grand-parents for there table to put hot skillets and pots on .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Inferno Forge

Chris

Some more horseshoe art.

looks good

Inferno Forge

Chris

jeeperjohn,
    wow, good imagination! looks great
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Here is another, quite simple to make.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

A few more.

your imagination is astounding!!! FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Just starting out

Hey everyone,
    Saw some really great posts here so decided to be a noob to it all and ask a question. I am just starting out with thinking about doing some horseshoe art , have a couple suppliers I believe can supply with some good used horseshoes for free and would love to know your thoughts on some decently cheap welders that would be good for starting off with . I did some welding in high school, just not sure what type of welder would be good to start this kind of project on. Your thoughts and tips are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Daniel.

P.S. Would love it if I could get away with only having to buy small tanks of gasses from places (If thats possible lol) hate having to rent them out and have to have a steady fee of renting gasses and tanks lol.
    Last edited by ClarkDaniels; 09-02-2011 at 03:19 AM.

Not to rain on your parade, going into business isn't easy as pick up a couple of shoes welding them together and doubling the price.
    You have to factor in the cost of your tools, assorted supplies, wire/rod, electricity other stuff that you will use in producing the items. Then you add in the profit and come up with a price for wholesale and then retail.
    That is one reason that the income tax agency, says a new business can take a loss 3 out of 5 years.

The other thing is there are 1,000's of people that are already making and selling horse shoe art on the net. I just did a google search for "horse shoe art" over 15,000,000 hits in (0.19 seconds)

You would have to find a wholesaler of shoes and buy them direct, or have a number of sources for used/worn shoes.

The stories you hear about people, making money with their shop created art. Usually don't talk about the problems, and the PIA it was till they got going.

So if your not going trying to support your self or family, right of the gate.Not going to happen. Then you should also be looking into the small business administration web site for information and direction in starting a business.
    And do a google search you will have more ideas for projects, and an idea of what people are trying to sell them for. They may or may not be selling any items at those prices.

Plus the economy isn't the greatest, for the extras people use to buy in most area's of the US.
    And there is a reason why hot foot uses all kinds of items other than horseshoes in his art. and he is in the center of the cowboy decor world. To many other people making things with horseshoes!
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Nolalu (near Thunder Bay) Ontario, Canada

Wow, what an old thread
    Gordie -- "I believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."