Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast

Weld13, good luck at whatever you try

no good luck for me?

Inferno Forge

Chris

Default Good Luck!

Ok little buddy
    Good luck to you too !!!!
    Do anything projects this weekend? I don't know if you saw my other posts, but finally got my air-cooled tig kit Had to paint some of dad's house this weekend, so I had not time to try it out. It's under my pillow now so at least it'll be near me !!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Wireburner

I went through the whole post, and STILL didn't see any of pics of your work!!! (even though you promised some). What's up with that?!
    Hope you are doing well...
    bert
    I'm not late...

I `ve built a napkin holder, toilet paper holder(2 desings), a hot skillet thing. I ain`t got a digital camera, try and have some in the next month or so when ever i get the throw away camera devolped

Inferno Forge

Chris

now built to different designs of toliet paper holders ,2 napkin holders , 1 hott skillet thing , starting on a gun rack for my dad , I`ll try to have some pics in the next month or so after the gun rack is done i `am going to build a coffe cup holder like Jim Young`s

Inferno Forge

Chris

Lightbulb

Bert,
    a few helpful hints from what we learned selling on e-bay, personal mileage may very.

keep in mind that if you have a store and list stuff in it for $.30 it dose not show up on the auction floor so to speak. so people just browsing will never see it. so you need to list your biggest seller out on the floor for $4.50 and then people will hit your see my other stuff to see the rest. we listed our MM210 cover and torch cable covers on the main floor and then all the little stuff like our tank and gage covers all went in the store for $.30 along with a few other covers for different welders. it was working well. we also had to start accepting pay pall and C.Cards. its best to go to the bank and open a checking account just for the e-bay/pay pal stuff. we did not want our house $$ to be at all connected to our e-bay $$ as the wifes e-bay account was hacked several times. they always just used her account to try to make a quick fake sail using her good feedback to sucker some one in. but i don't see them getting $$ info being much harder to do if that had been the purpose. we never had much e-bay $ in their anyway but if my SSD check was attached in any way we could have been in a bad way fast. you should also set up a postal account, if business starts up good too many trips to the post office get expensive at $3.20 a gal. for gas.
    also a buy it now option really picked up sails for us. lots of people (myself included) want it now and don't want to bid on it for a week only to get snipe bid at the last minuit. i have ended up with several of the same thing due to bidding on several at the same time just to make shore i could get one only to have them all win. i only do that with saw-sall blades and its no biggie to get some extras of them anyway but a buy it now is always what i look for first. so keep some B.Now options in there.
    best of luck with it, i hope you get the $5,000 a week the infomercial offers.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

fun4now,

I like those flowers. Great paint job too. Been trying my hand at making some flowers.

The attached photo was my first attempt so don't laugh too hard. Used some scrap sheet metal that was lying around the shop. Still haven't gotten around to painting it yet. Terminal laziness I guess.

Also started a few using soup cans figuring I'd go green and try to recycle. No photos yet cuz they're still in the cutting and shaping stage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The attached photo was my first attempt so don't laugh too hard.
    no chance of that happening, i still cant get a rose started ?? and my first attempt was way bad.
    i just got some metallic teal paint yesterday i'm looking forward to using on some flowers. i got it cuzz it was rustoleum and on sale for $2 a can. just got it as a rust proofer for my watering tank cart i made but as soon as i sprayed it on i knew i needed to get more for flowers and who knows what else, its really cool looking. it also sprayed on really nice, lots of metallics don't spray well out of a can. this did great. heck the wife liked it so much she said she would buy me some more when she gets paid..........i wonder where she is going to make me use it??? i bet i will be building some thing for her soon.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Are you using just paint or primer/paint/clear?

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    i still cant get a rose started ?? and my first attempt was way bad.
    Not sure how you did it, but I sorta cheated. Basically, I cut cardboard templates and traced them onto the metal -- 5 circles, each 1/2" smaller diameter, divided into 1/5ths for 5 petals, with a hole in the center so I knew where to drill to attach the stem. Attach the circles to a mandrel (welding/brazing rod), biggest circle on the bottom. Then fold petals up layer by layer in overlap circle. Being lazy, I used the welper to bend the tips of the petals outward, so it left a lot of teeth marks. I'll try to remember to use a needle nose the next time. My wife calls it "caveman art"

James, thanks for the e-bay tips!!!
    Jonnymag, looks pretty darn good!!!
    I'm not late...