Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default 3:19 AM..short block asssmebled and painted!

I'll be waking up to UPS bnringing my aluminmum flywheel, the i'll be trucking it over to a bigger garage and putting it in.. Must break it in on sunday, then make a 1k mile trip to TX on monday to finlly get our wedding officially finalized (air force interupted it and took hert befdr it, but we;re already :common law: so i can still call her wife nad she calle me hubby ...

THe short block specs. ti's a 9:1 wiseco/eagle H-bean build.. good to hold around 700 horses.. i'll post pics when i can see and aactually tell what 'm typing

The head.. ha to ditch y ported one because a cam journal got chewed by what looked to have been a badger, so 'm putting a stock (best flwoing OEM ) head back on with new crower springs and retainers to go wth my 264/272 cam combo.,..then i just need my new turbobecaus e this on3e got trashed in the same insident and i should be well back into the 400hp club

g'night all...had to tell soem one ,and ono one is awake....barely me!
    g'night all
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by turboglenn View Post
    I'll be waking up to UPS bnringing my aluminmum flywheel, the i'll be trucking it over to a bigger garage and putting it in.. Must break it in on sunday, then make a 1k mile trip to TX on monday to finlly get our wedding officially finalized (air force interupted it and took hert befdr it, but we;re already :common law: so i can still call her wife nad she calle me hubby ...

THe short block specs. ti's a 9:1 wiseco/eagle H-bean build.. good to hold around 700 horses.. i'll post pics when i can see and aactually tell what 'm typing

The head.. ha to ditch y ported one because a cam journal got chewed by what looked to have been a badger, so 'm putting a stock (best flwoing OEM ) head back on with new crower springs and retainers to go wth my 264/272 cam combo.,..then i just need my new turbobecaus e this on3e got trashed in the same insident and i should be well back into the 400hp club

g'night all
    Cool What block? Sounds like a 4 banger with your description.... 4g63?
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

Quote Originally Posted by turboglenn View Post

g'night all

All that said and done...congrats!!! BUT WHERE ARE THE PICS??!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

go eagle rods . Heres some of mine...

That was one of my wiseco pistons too. 16lbs on a k20 @ 8K, I'm thinking it jumped timing...but I dont really know what happened. That was "only" pushing about 375whp

Default Broken Parts

As long as we're showing our best work . . . in this case, a Carrillo rod broke, shifted the cam timing and all the exhaust valves hit the pistons. Two broke off. One poked a hole in a piston, the other in the head. Still set a record (Bonneville) but had to go through impound to verify displacement.

I'm still using this head . . . as a fixture to build headers.