Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remember to submit the site to Google but only when it's REALY DONE. Google will cruise the site moments after you submit it but it takes some time for them to index it so it's best if you have a finished product before telling them about it.

Here's the link to submit the website to Google:

http://www.google.com/addurl/

Thanks Johnny,

I already submitted it a long time ago and the cached shows an old version. Can I submit it again? I also sent it to Yahoo, Alexa, and some smaller engines as well. I don't really know what on earth I'm doing with all this but I figured it couldn't hurt to send it to all that I came across.

Now, can anyone explain how to get good solid backlinks that are oriented with the welding world but not direct competition to me? Remember that I'm a new small shop in a semi-rural area in central Florida and need all the work that I can get. If any one has a site that fits in this category I'm willing to hear you out. From what I understand the more backlinks sites have the higher the ratings and that's better business for all involved. Perhaps someone has an idea on some sort of coalition.

I reaaly want to thank you all for the help. When I started this site it looked like a MySpace page and now it looks professional.

I'd like to show you all another side of my talents, this was sent to me today: Dear Michael,

The votes are in, and we are proud to congratulate you for your outstanding literary achievement. The editors of The International Library of Poetry were thrilled to inform you that your poem was honored with the prestigious Editor's Choice Award because of your artistic accomplishments and unique perspective--characteristics found in the most noteworthy poetic works.

The title is My Own Prison and can be found on Poetry.com and this is the direct link....

And Johnny, I hope you and yours have a blest and happy new year. The same for all the rest on Miller.

Mike
    www.blueblaze-usa.com

Live'n Life, Love'n the Ol Lady, Burn'en-Rods 813

Just re-submit to Google.

The links page is best if those links also link back to you- it's about being indexed and locatable. It's kind of a "one hand clapping" thing when the link is one-way but If it's truely handy to you and the customer then use it regardless.

What is a back link? I want to learn this stuff also!!! So far, so good
    Is the back link the other company's that you link yours to? I didnt' know the proper name for it if that is the case! I just would hope that they backlink your website, on their site also! If they don't, I would take them off yours:
    You scratch my back, I scratch yours!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Trep813 View Post

Editor's Choice Award because of your artistic accomplishments and unique perspective--characteristics found in the most noteworthy poetic works.

The title is My Own Prison and can be found on Poetry.com and this is the direct link....
    I enjoyed your poem. Thanks for sharing it.

Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport

Default Poem

Trep,
    ...........wow..............
    I'm not late...

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    What is a back link? I want to learn this stuff also!!! So far, so good
    Is the back link the other company's that you link yours to? I didnt' know the proper name for it if that is the case! I just would hope that they backlink your website, on their site also! If they don't, I would take them off yours:
    You scratch my back, I scratch yours!!!!!
    A backlink is another company that has your site on there link page. If it's your site with a link to there site it just called a link.
    www.blueblaze-usa.com

Live'n Life, Love'n the Ol Lady, Burn'en-Rods 813

Quote Originally Posted by trep813 View Post
    a backlink is another company that has your site on there link page. If it's your site with a link to there site it just called a link.
    thanks!!!
    I'm not late...

I don't understand why the images on this site are overlaping info as shown in the two attached screen shots.. ?
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow! somebody pressed the wrong key in the computer
    better get fixed before he re-submits it to Google!!!!!!!!!!
    bert
    I'm not late...