Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JimYoung View Post
    I don't understand why the images on this site are overlaping info as shown in the two attached screen shots.. ?
    Jim
    Jim, Im coming in on the tailend of things here which isn't unusall at times for me

What I am seeing in the image is your text is too large for the 2 text boxes you have and they are just overlapping. This can be corrected by going back into the program you have been using to put this together and shrink your "Text Box" or the size of your text on Blaze 1, on Blaze 2, just expand the width of your text box and you'll be fine. A very simple process. I have run across this many times.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Sounds better then what I was thinking....I thought he did a screen shot and for some reason, it pasted like that. When I tried it, it came out fine, so KBar, you are probably right....
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Does anyone else see what K-Bar and Jim are seeing? I just went on it and it all looked fine to me but stranger things have happened before.

Thanks,
    Mike
    www.blueblaze-usa.com

Live'n Life, Love'n the Ol Lady, Burn'en-Rods 813

Default Critique website

Jim Young,

Your settings on your computer are the cause of it doing that. If I go to the website it looks fine. It depends on what you have your resolution set on. That would cause it to try to fit everything in a small space. I really do appreciate all the feed back I have been getting from all of you.

Thanks again,

Mike
    www.blueblaze-usa.com

I just looked at it and all seems fine. It was viewed through Internet Explorer 6

Are you working on a Gallery too? Sorry if I missed that in a previous post. The images all, at least to me, seem to be begging to be clicked on for an entrance to a gallery. Sorry to add more *****in' and requesting.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I just looked at it and all seems fine. It was viewed through Internet Explorer 6

Are you working on a Gallery too? Sorry if I missed that in a previous post. The images all, at least to me, seem to be begging to be clicked on for an entrance to a gallery. Sorry to add more *****in' and requesting.

John
    Yeah,

We are working on a Gallery but it may take some time. I have a job going on right now that will give us some great photos and we'll start there. Unfortunately, we just started taking pictures with our own camera. The photos on the site now are pics from a borrowed camera and the finished work was repair stuff on crappy looking and very simple utility trailers. No good photo ops for the product but plenty for action shots of me welding at night, but that'll change soon. Everyone is asking for a Gallery and we plan to give them one, as soon as we can. Remember John, we are a new shop that started out with almost nothing more than a strong will and a dream, so what we have now is a small mile stone.

Mike
    www.blueblaze-usa.com

Awesome! The gallery will be cool to have and it should make you proud. YOU ARE ON THE INTERNET and that's a major accomplishment for any business. The fact that you are a small organization and still willing to make the effort says a lot about tenacity.

Getting on the web, and having it look nice as your does, is a pain in the ax. About six years ago I sez to myself "I wonder if I can do that" meaning get on the web. My first project was a webcam so I could peek in on my two dogs at home while in a boring (under utilized) job doing tech support.

I made a cam, then another...little bits of information came together and I trashed a couple computers figuring it out but made a website that sat on my home computer. I am no genius but I stick to it!!! A particular piece of webcam software stole two weeks of my life.

Rambling a bit.

You are a GREAT point now because the site is done, you beat a learning curve, and it will only help having it.

Default I'm getting jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking good man, keep it up!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Awesome! The gallery will be cool to have and it should make you proud. YOU ARE ON THE INTERNET and that's a major accomplishment for any business. The fact that you are a small organization and still willing to make the effort says a lot about tenacity.

Getting on the web, and having it look nice as your does, is a pain in the ax. About six years ago I sez to myself "I wonder if I can do that" meaning get on the web. My first project was a webcam so I could peek in on my two dogs at home while in a boring (under utilized) job doing tech support.

I made a cam, then another...little bits of information came together and I trashed a couple computers figuring it out but made a website that sat on my home computer. I am no genius but I stick to it!!! A particular piece of webcam software stole two weeks of my life.

Rambling a bit.

You are a GREAT point now because the site is done, you beat a learning curve, and it will only help having it.
    All of the work I have right now is directly from the internet and if it were not for it then I'd probably be out of business, like many small shops, but I have work on the table and another lined up after this one and hopefully both will turn into long term jobs supplying two companies with two different products. I even went out and got a job, Just Over Broke, for a little while as an aluminum welding foreman. Sitting at the lunch table one day a man called that I'd been working on for his business, he has an asphalt company, for some time and I lost it as soon as I said I had to get a job. That was a deciding factor for me to get back into the game and stick with it. Then I was wondering how to bring more than local business in and it hit me, I can write and I have a computer on-line so I put it all together from there. Maybe I'll grow as some I've made wealthy have done in the past.

I just have to ask, what's up with the two weeks of your life that was stolen? Really got me curious!

And John, Thanks a Million
    www.blueblaze-usa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Looking good man, keep it up!!!!!!!!!
    Hows the Island life going? I live in a semi tropical setting but you have me beat by a mile and there for have my jealousy. Thanks for all your support Bert, it means the world to me!

Mike
    www.blueblaze-usa.com