Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet Boat

http://www.arneson-industries.com/pa...ucts&id=drives
    Spend the money and outrun any squirter on the water!!!
    Just my $.02
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be safe
    Jeff

Give more than you get and
    you will get more than ya need.
    This is true for the good and bad
    that life puts out.

redintn,

Maybe, depends on the race.

Surface piercing drives have "NO" holeshot. Takes forever to get a boat on plane with those drives.

Boat handling sucks with SP drives.

Safety is a major issue, particularly if you boat in an area where there are swimmers in the water. Jet drives are about as safe as you can get.

SP drives cost a "fortune" compared to more conventional drives.

How many more negatives would you like to hear?

bretsk2500,

The last 65' Viking Convertible I brought down from New Gretna, NJ had the 16 cyl Series 2000 (2000 hp each--2 engines--4000 HP) Detroit/MTU engines.

As we're coming into the Chesapeake Bay from the Atlantic I like to open her up to get some base numbers (speed) prior to installing the tower, electronics, etc. She was pretty impressive. Topped out at 44.7 Knots. (just a shade over 51 MPH in a 65' Convertible). I was pretty happy til I looked down at the flowscan. Was burning 278 gallons/hr. Glad she carries a little over 2000 gals.

Doesn't seem to bother the guys who can spend upwards of 3M on a fishing boat. Big boys have big toys.

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    I was pretty happy til I looked down at the flowscan. Was burning 278 gallons/hr. Glad she carries a little over 2000 gals.

Bobcat 225NT
    Cutmaster 52
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
    Caterpillar TH63
    '07 Kawasaki ZZR600