Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default snap on welder

its pretty bad when the snap on man says that they arnt the greatest and hasnt sold any in the area

If it's about cost, I would agree to look it over and check it's operations. I have had Lincolns, Snap on and use a older Miller in my shop now. When I could not get 3 phase to my home shop, I picked up a Snap on YA 240 for 250 dollars (built by Century) it needed a fan but worked for years doing a fair job being used weekly and the tips i picked up at the local welding supply store. It didnot weld like my lincoln RS325 with a cobramatic or the Miller 35, but it was what I could aford at the time.

I have a YA 212 A that is about 25 years old. It works flawlessly to this day. I've had to replace a liner once and a relay once. Parts are all still available from Snap-on. I honestly like the machine better then most millers. The only thing that would make it better is if it wasn't tapped.

Default millermatic 211 and a snapon ya212

Hi I have a millermatic 211 and a snapon ya212
    the snap-on out perform,the millermatic 211
    the snap-on have way more duty cycle 100% at 200 amps
    the millermatic is like 15% only at 200
    the millermatic welds ok the snapon welds perfect..

millermatic 211 auto set
    snapon ya212
    miller maxstar 140
    lincoln 225
    Chinese plasma cutter
    harris oxy-fuel torch
    Last edited by funyto; 06-28-2011 at 10:02 PM.

I dont remember all the model numbers but they are all over the place as to working or not, seen some in service a good long time without issue, some it seems they could never get to work right. I hear they can be found in pawn shops on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by funyto View Post
    Hi I have a millermatic 211 and a snapon ya212
    the millermatic welds ok the snapon welds perfect..
    Anyone else's bull malarkie meter going off?
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

"Anyone else's bull malarkie meter going off?"

Yup,but I figured if he's happy welding with a boat anchor who am I to yip

Man I wish Miller would spring for some decent smileys.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboyracer View Post
    Anyone else's bull malarkie meter going off?
    Maybe he just doesn't know any better.

Default Ya212a

My Snap On YA212A has out performed all the rest. Like somebody else posted, it was made by CK Systematics out of PA. If I ever need anything, I get it from them....however, since I have owned it, it hasn't cost me more than $300 other than tips and a few liners. For the last 24 years it has worked side by side with a Hobart and a Miller. All three were bought within the same year and as of now....the only one still welding is the Snap On. The Miller needs an $800 circut board (for the second time), and the Hobart is just fried. They all did the same work. They all used about one roll of 035 wire in about three weeks. The Hobart came in second as far as down time and if I had to guess, maybe $2,000 in repairs over the years, but a lot of down time. Not so good on the Miller....it cost the most and was broke down the most....probably $3,500 in repairs over the years. All in all.....the Snap On always took up the slack when the others were down for repair. I tried an Esab last year and before we could even fill out the demo papers, it quit, so the guy took it back.

Default Snap-on Muscle Mig welder

I personally own a snap-on welder stock# MM140SL original cost on line $3,081.85. However I paid $1,500.00 craigslist and the machine welds great. I have used miller welders and lincoln and they are great welders too. Im just saying that my snap-on with a 100% duty cycle has yet to fail (3yrs) and no repairs needed. I guess I got a good welder out of the stock and I can pick up tips and other minor stuff from my local welding shop. So all the bashing on hear well I call it being brand loyal. I may own a rebadged something but its got a pretty red and white paint job LMAO.....I dont care what the name is if it does what I need then i'll use it period.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog