Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default water wood heater

anybody ever make a water wood heater ? got pic or prints ?
    Dynasty 200DX
    maxstar 150

do you mean something like a boiler that uses wood?

Talking water wood stove

yes this is what i speek of looking to build one would love so input on this any pics would be great thanks in advance.
    Dynasty 200DX
    maxstar 150

i been playing with the idea of building one also. been too busy in other things at the moment, but hope to have one in assembly/try-outs next summer.
    sorry no plans as of yet , i'll let ya know if i come up with any.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I haven't built one myself yet,I'm planning on it this summer. However,I did look at one a local guy built this last summer and he said it works very well. This is where he got his plans. http://www.deb-design.com/ If you get the opportunity to look at a few of them you might be able to build one of your own design. The guy that built one said he had about $3000.00 in it,that was including a machine shop shearing the plate into pieces.

Don't know if this will help but I've made several of these for the Amish people to use to heat their greenhouses with.

This one isn't finished but it gives an idea maybe. The square pipe out the back is the smoke stack and on this one he is running it back through the water tank and it will come out the front above the door.

I have some pictures of a large one that is finished, if I can find them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trailblazer 302
    Lincoln SP-135-T
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Smith torch
    Spoolmatic 30A

my thought was to combine the stuff i have scrounged up to try to go low $$ build. i have some large 3/32" steel plates, an old heavy duty tank, an old (5years) but working gass hot water heater,an old cast irn tub, and some exhost pipe.

besides making a functional water heater i will have to get a pump system working to circulate the water. and most important is to find an afordable fule for it.
    my first thought was cooking oil. but have decided i will most likely have to go with wood, old pallets to be exact. i have colected about 150 gal. of cooking oil but the colection process is slow and low volume with the available resorces in my area. the wood pallets i had in mind are 12 ft long with 3 4"X4" oak solid runers 12' long. good scorce but the company that i was getting them from moved, i have to track them down again and make shore they are still willing to give me the pallets.
    just been too buisy trying to get ready for the new baby and the comming of winter, and....well you get the idea.

here are some pic's of the goodies i plan to use.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default furnace

great pics thanks for all the help keep it coming.
    Dynasty 200DX
    maxstar 150

my father put one together a pile of years back. He had bought the oven part from a vender at the state fair. I don"t remember the brand but it was doubled hulled with fire brick and copper tubing between them. The water was heated ran through the insulated lines to the house into an old truck radiator mounted in a doorway that we never used anyway. Installed a fan from the dryer on a grain elevator and temp controls from the hardware store. The system wasn't pretty by any means but when we had ample supply of cord wood it was much cheaper than the furnace in the basement. If you were in the living room after the first few minutes that thing kicked on you were ready to stand in a snow bank in your shorts. We did forget to feed the fire a couple nights before we went to bed and regretted it the next day cause it took till lunchtime before you couldn't see your breath inside. Ah I miss Minnesota.

the radiators is about the same idea i was thinking about. except i was going to leave the house thermostat on and set for like 60 just encase i spaced out the fire feeding. i noticed when i was dieing a garth mall outfit the wife made for a friend, that it dose not take much to keep the 55 gal tank hot. but getting it hot to start with is no small thing. gotta feed the cr ap out of it to get it started, as you found out the hard way.

a few fun pic's for ya.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES