Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Welding schools in Ontario,Canada

I am from the London area, and i was just wondering if anybody went to schools like can-weld(sarnia), welding at its best(london), advanced welding(hamilton), or Fanshawe College. Would it be better to go a welding school over Fanshawe College?

T.E.K

Not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, but I just finished an evening TIG course at Conestoga College (Guelph Campus). Doesn't cover any of your CWB certs, but it's $375 for 12 weeks, wednesday evenings from 6-11pm. Covers mild steel, stainless, aluminum and I even got to try some sch-40 pipe fittings, cro-mo and titanium. The welders are pretty good too, they've got a bunch of Lincoln Precision TIG's and bigger ESAB units.

The instructor is a really good guy and knows what he's doing. Plus for the money you can't go wrong, I probably went through $375 of argon alone during the course duration.

I highly recomend the course at Conestoga if you're just learning how to TIG.

Smile

Hi t.e.k. I send my guys to advanced welding school . But i send my girls to northren ontario welding collage in barrie .

Question

ocweld, explain the difference ????

guys get to distracted at collage.

it really is a serous question, i just couldn't help the joke part.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

HI fun4now. I send my guys to advanced welding for there test because thats were two of my rigs works out of is hamilton and it just happins to be just all guys in that part and the rigs up in my north parts is all girl and i must say i would take a girl over a guy to work with and to have as welder they just get the job done . sorry for going off topic