Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by down19992000 View Post
    Powcons were not chinese they were built in San Diego CA. I guess all the US submarines that had these on board in the late 70s and 80s thought the same thing what a chinky soundy name.
    OH! OOHHHH!!!! There goes that CHINKY CR@P AGAIN!!! OK FINE!!!!
    I'M GOING TO MAKE A BUNCH OF WELDERS...AND CALL THEM:

WONG POW CON ME SO STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will be the STRONGEST WELDERS IN THE BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

signed,
    bert WONG
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    OH! OOHHHH!!!! There goes that CHINKY CR@P AGAIN!!! OK FINE!!!!
    I'M GOING TO MAKE A BUNCH OF WELDERS...AND CALL THEM:

WONG POW CON ME SO STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will be the STRONGEST WELDERS IN THE BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

signed,
    bert WONG
    down19992000 was very gracious enough to pm me and apologize, not wanting to offend anyone, so he deleted his post! I didn't put any smilies in there 'cause I just wanted to freak him and FusionKing out!!! My bad, I didn't warn down19992000 about it I'm Chinese/Portuguese, so hey, I've been teased about the "wong" thing all my life!!! Just having fun with it

Everyone, happy New Years, and may all of us be blessed with more work with better jobs, let our skills get better, and may all of us on this forum be 1 big happy family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEHAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...

Those sub guys were probably thinking prisoner of war connection

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Thumbs up

Bert:
    Thanks for the public explanation. Sometimes dry wit gets lost in the typing.

Happy New Year!!!
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Default Dry wit

Craig, dry wit or not...don't worry, everybody knows that you are just
    a butt wipe.........
    oops sorry, butt wit
    I'm not late...

Question cant we all just get along!!!

I just wanted to know about welders. I enjoy all of the advice and everyones opinion. Somewhere in all of this, we all got out of hand. Just think of what we all could do if we laid down our petty differences and opinions of this and that and tried to work together! I think that there are positives about every welder and negitives about every welder. It just depends on what is going to do the best job for you and your applications. I am American and believe in buying American every chance I get to save AMERICAN jobs, but I am not against getting information from others. Thanks for all of the posts and information.

Zeb

Quote Originally Posted by zkoobs1978 View Post
    I just wanted to know about welders. I enjoy all of the advice and everyones opinion. Somewhere in all of this, we all got out of hand. Just think of what we all could do if we laid down our petty differences and opinions of this and that and tried to work together! I think that there are positives about every welder and negitives about every welder. It just depends on what is going to do the best job for you and your applications. I am American and believe in buying American every chance I get to save AMERICAN jobs, but I am not against getting information from others. Thanks for all of the posts and information.

Zeb
    hehe....as far as the banter between the guys about Chinese vs American welders, they are just stating their opinions.....as far as me, I was just having fun, and letting everyone know so....Craig in Denver and I are friends,
    so no harm, no foul....I'm SURE he'll get me back later!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeb, as for you, what you asked was 100% legit. Cool, What Fusion and everyone else said, that is just their opinion....I don't think anyone will hold a grudge no really......... Anyway, congrats to you for having a controversial thread
    bert (WONG)

Generally a lot of Chinese stuff we buy is cr@p...I'll be the first to admit it. Although some people differ, saying if the manufacturing plant is in China and they build or make things to American standards, it's ok....I find that to be true by 10%. But it's amazing how many things are built in China, look in the back of my tools, and...........DOH!!!!! I thought I was buying AMERICAN!!!!
    Anyway, I'm glad I buy Miller welders....Lincons are excellent also, but the Miller support in Hawaii is 3x better than Lincolns........I wouldn't want to buy some off-brand even if it's cheaper, only because service will be harder...........
    bert
    Last edited by Bert; 01-02-2009 at 01:16 AM.
    I'm not late...

Thumbs up Cool

Bert,

Not trying to start anything. I think its cool that we can joke, have fun and learn at the same time! Have a Happy New Year and be safe and productive!!!

Zeb

Quote Originally Posted by zkoobs1978 View Post
    I just wanted to know about welders. I enjoy all of the advice and everyone's opinion. Somewhere in all of this, we all got out of hand. Just think of what we all could do if we laid down our petty differences and opinions of this and that and tried to work together! I think that there are positives about every welder and negatives about every welder. It just depends on what is going to do the best job for you and your applications. I am American and believe in buying American every chance I get to save AMERICAN jobs, but I am not against getting information from others. Thanks for all of the posts and information.

Zeb
    What are you talking about??? Normally this thread would have sunk to the bottom of the page like a rock with only YOU bumping it back up from time to time. Instead several of us kept bumping it up from time to time.
    When you start a thread and ask a question it takes on a life of it's own. It is your "job" to keep it back on topic, if you so please, if you did not get the info you were looking for.
    If it did serve it's purpose, which I believe it did, then you have nothing to complain about. If the thread does keep coming back to the top after that then you have gained notoriety for starting a good thread and gained respect of all the membership here.
    But when you come on back out of nowhere and admonish us for bantering about like any Internet forum you sound like a spoiled single child who doesn't know how to play with others.
    As for us getting something done by "working together" whether you know it or not this is how it works and if you start reading back you will see that MILLER themselves do use this forum for feedback. We have changed there course of action in the past and I am sure in will continue. What do you think we're gonna do here??? Stop global warming??
    As for what welder you need...Without a doubt you NEED a Dynasty 300 DX Tigrunner package But a Dynasty 200DX might get you by...after that it is only a matter of what you are willing to settle for. It not like you are re-inventing the wheel. If you go to the welding discussions thread there are probably only 500 or so threads on this very topic.
    Pick your machine and rig your leads and get welding so we can get back to bantering already
    Last edited by FusionKing; 01-02-2009 at 07:09 AM.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    What are you talking about??? Normally this thread would have sunk to the bottom of the page like a rock with only YOU bumping it back up from time to time. Instead several of us kept bumping it up from time to time.
    When you start a thread and ask a question it takes on a life of it's own. It is your "job" to keep it back on topic, if you so please, if you did not get the info you were looking for.
    If it did serve it's purpose, which I believe it did, then you have nothing to complain about. If the thread does keep coming back to the top after that then you have gained notoriety for starting a good thread and gained respect of all the membership here.
    But when you come on back out of nowhere and admonish us for bantering about like any Internet forum you sound like a spoiled single child who doesn't know how to play with others.
    As for us getting something done by "working together" whether you know it or not this is how it works and if you start reading back you will see that MILLER themselves do use this forum for feedback. We have changed there course of action in the past and I am sure in will continue. What do you think we're gonna do here??? Stop global warming??
    As for what welder you need...Without a doubt you NEED a Dynasty 300 DX Tigrunner package But a Dynasty 200DX might get you by...after that it is only a matter of what you are willing to settle for. It not like you are re-inventing the wheel. If you go to the welding discussions thread there are probably only 500 or so threads on this very topic.
    Pick your machine and rig your leads and get welding so we can get back to bantering already
    hee hee....haw haw...HEE HEE...HAW HAW...HEE HEE...HAW HAW...HEE HEE...HAW HAW...HEE HEE...HAW HAW...!!!

I have GOT to go back on my medication
    I'm not late...