Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    I don't believe anyone called it crap...it's just at the bottom rung and is now being discontinued
    Good point! If you ever want to sell the Econotig, you probably won't get 1/2 your money back. Diversion 165, you won't be maxing out your machine and will give you a better trade-in value when you up to a 200dx or similar....
    If your heart IS set on a Econotig, then they should give you a better price, since they are phasing them out!!! Compare prices to your LWS and eBay like from IOC and such....still get a 3 year warranty
    good luck
    bert
    Last edited by Bert; 12-27-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Aerometalworker View Post
    That being said the Diversion may be the newest, but its also more basic and down to earth, plus it saves the discs in your back if you ever move it. The Econotig is no feather.
    -Aaron
    WOW! The Econotig is 90lbs heavier!!!
    I'm not late...

I would buy a Riland inverter (www.rilandusa.com) long before an Econotig if I was doing much aluminum myself. Sure you can get by with buzzbox type technology but why would you want to when spending hard earned cash with making money in mind?? Just because it is a Miller doesn't make it something better than it is.
    Used...maybe. New....no way in H E L L!!!
    It is certainly not crap just outdated...sorta like buying a brand new computer with Windows 98

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

I would buy a Riland inverter (www.rilandusa.com) long before an Econotig if I was doing much aluminum myself. Sure you can get by with buzzbox type technology but why would you want to when spending hard earned cash with making money in mind?? Just because it is a Miller doesn't make it something better than it is.
    It is certainly not crap just outdated...sorta like buying a brand new computer with Windows 98
    Maybe its just the American in me....but I would buy a US made torch set long before any welder from china if money was such an issue. I have a feeling it would be 10 times more versatile and about 100 times as reliable.
    -Aaron
    "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
    Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
    Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerometalworker View Post
    Maybe its just the American in me....but I would buy a US made torch set long before any welder from china if money was such an issue. I have a feeling it would be 10 times more versatile and about 100 times as reliable.
    -Aaron
    I was merely presenting another option...one that I considered heavily until I decided 120v capability was the only way to fly for me.
    I understand how you feel and myself when I buy American I try to make it count. But when you look at just the lower priced stuff even the Diversion doesn't compare with some of the better foreign machines IMO.
    Never heard a bad word yet about those 200 amp AC/DC Riland tigs yet.
    But I firmly believe in a torch set that is for sure

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

I looked at the Riland link that you posted they sure do LOOK like cheap junk .Maybe you have never heard any bad things about them but I am sure there is plenty to hear.I also dont like the sales spiel in the ad that says capable of outperforming all the other brands and listing them by name. You get what you pay for in most cases.Mike

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    I looked at the Riland link that you posted they sure do LOOK like cheap junk .Maybe you have never heard any bad things about them but I am sure there is plenty to hear.I also dont like the sales spiel in the ad that says capable of outperforming all the other brands and listing them by name. You get what you pay for in most cases.Mike
    Over on Welding Web they have a bunch of guys that are really into them.
    If you really want the lowdown then go over and read some of those threads.
    It is interesting. You prolly are reading this on a chinese computer you know.
    It isn't that much different. I'm thinking Miller got their autoline tech from a chinese company they bought out called Powcon...now THAT is a chinky sounding name if I ever heard one.
    Now don't get me wrong here I think Miller is the BEST in the world but there are plenty of good machines on the rest of the planet.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

THAT is a chinky sounding name if I ever heard one.
    CHINKY???!!!!! CHINKY???!!!
    UGH....MY NAME IS WONG???!!!!!
    I'm not late...

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    CHINKY???!!!!! CHINKY???!!!
    UGH....MY NAME IS WONG???!!!!!
    Well that explains A LOT!!!! Is that why you left NJ??
    You could now start your own import welder biz with a deceptive name like that.....WONG POW maybe

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Over on Welding Web they have a bunch of guys that are really into them.
    If you really want the lowdown then go over and read some of those threads.
    It is interesting. You prolly are reading this on a chinese computer you know.
    It isn't that much different. I'm thinking Miller got their autoline tech from a chinese company they bought out called Powcon...now THAT is a chinky sounding name if I ever heard one.
    Now don't get me wrong here I think Miller is the BEST in the world but there are plenty of good machines on the rest of the planet.
    Thanks for the info on the site.I didnt check out the machines but The forum is very good especially the layout/mathematics information .Thanks Mike