Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Picket Twister

Threaded View

Default Finally......... the pics!

Here are the pics of my crude twister. I did this in a hurry and never really took the time to make it a little nicer. It works though.

Pic 1: The head showing 1/2" drive socket and handle twisting 1/2" bar. The bar can be pushed thru the socket and handle to allow the twist to begin anywhere on the bar.

Pic 2: A shot of the tail end. It reverses for 1/2" and 3/8" and slides to set the length of twist.

Pic 3: Overall shot of the twister and my messy bench.

Pic 4: 3/8" bar being twisted. I use the clamp to keep the tail holder from sliding down the 1" square.

For 3/8", I use the twister pretty much like pictured. On 1/2" I sometimes clamp the tool in the vise so that the handles are on top and in a horizontal position. It makes it easer to turn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.