Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default a 35 cent weld, look at the row of nickels

I was working on this the other say when the nickle/dime thread was active, then it dissapeared.. so here they are

\actually a little trickier than i imagined, this was all a series of tacks as these things melt away FAST!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

beautiful. a little to pricey for bigger jobs.lol

You sir are in big trouble!!! Defacing US currency is a crime.
    Dynasty 350DX
    Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
    MM 350P
    MM Passport Plus
    Spectrum 375 Extreme
    08' Trailblazer 302

Quote Originally Posted by KB Fabrications View Post
    Yep.
    Also causing deflation.

You better call in every amusement park in the US then, because every one of them has the little machine to crush money into a little trinket. I'm not sure what it is but some where there's a stipulation in using money in art or converting coins into something.... at least that's what i was told when asking how they were allowed to crush coins into those things... plus i could always grind them apart LOL (not)

I should cut them apart and see if i could spend them hahah... I bet i could

Plus ourt money hasn't been backed by gold in so long that it's pretty much meaningless paper at this point anyway.

You call it defacing, i call it a custom 35 cent piece
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45

Pennies, such as are crushed into tourist souvenirs, are an exception. Nickels and higher denominations, are illegal to destroy. He's right. In fact, you are allowed to not use pennies in legal transactions. It's just not in practice yet. Many countries do round off their equivalents. I wish we would. But the bean counters would go insane.

guess i'll spend my 35 cent piece before some one turns me in LOL

But what about those people that do huge sculptures from change? I've seen life size animals and people made from tacked together money. Actually it's something i wish i could afford to build something out of because i think it looks really cool because after you tack the money together you can shape it into really nice arches.

Rigth now we got a ring of people buying up omaha with fake 100 dollar bills, they've got pics of them on TV everywhere buying little stuff an the bills keep passing the tests except for the strip is not magnetic, but no one uses much more than the pen they were saying. It seems like once a year we get a big couterfiet operation going on here and the secret service is all over... Omaha is weird for sure, not the small midwest town i moved to 12 years ago
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Pennies, such as are crushed into tourist souvenirs, are an exception. Nickels and higher denominations, are illegal to destroy. He's right. In fact, you are allowed to not use pennies in legal transactions. It's just not in practice yet. Many countries do round off their equivalents. I wish we would. But the bean counters would go insane.
    Don't use your pennies...EVERYONE SEND THEM TO ME Not really the same, but do you remember the Richard Pryor movie that he was some accountant and had all the change on someone's bank accounts go to him?

turboglenn, instead of spending the time grinding them off, practice with your tig some more = time better spent
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by KB Fabrications View Post
    I think it's more of a d@mn crime when people use our U.S. Flag for their clothing!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I think it's more of a d@mn crime when people use our U.S. Flag for their clothing!!!!!!!!!

Especially the boxers/panties...that's liek saying.."leave a skidmark on our nations symbol of freedom"

My wife's military, i grew up military and although some think it silly i have a great respect for our flag. SHe won't fly in bad weather, she's enver tangled and she's always proudly displayed and lit up out front of my house

Although i don't agree with our governments hacked version of what they think the constitution allows THEM to do, i am proud of my country and would stand behind her till my death! Unfortunately i cna't serve in the armed forces because i was already crippled too much for them to take me when i tried to enlist, but if they ever take "volunteers" for a "bad situation", i'm right there.

Sorry to go OT..carry on :P
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45