Big_Eddy, If you take into account that I have personally built well over three hundred trailers to date, and the fact that I have never had a come back issue that was deemed to be my fault, than yes I can speak from experience that the angle frame is more than capable of handling the payload capacity it is designed for. As for a list of happy clients I could provide you a complete list of past customers and you can speak to them yourself, If they were un happy with their trailer it was never expressed to me, and most all of my customers are repeat buyers or word of mouth advertising. I have had only one issue to date about using angle for the tongue, that was enough for me, now they all are built with the box tubing as mentioned earlier in this thread.

As for using channel for the trailer frame, it's still gonna flex. If you are trying to make something so over kill, then you might as well build yourself an equipment trailer rated at 10-12 thousand pounds to move your 100 lb. refrigerator. And while your at it go out and buy a spare tire for your spare tire if you are so worried about something going wrong.

Most, (not all) of the production built trailers are flimsy and poorly built with the cheapest parts and materials available, I however take a lot of pride in my work (I have to, my name is put on it) and will only buy the best parts and materials available. The customer does not get his/her trailer until I'm completely satisfied that it will do every thing that it is intended to do. This is one of the reasons I get paid what I get paid to build these custom trailers.

I have to chuckle to myself when people who have built a trailer or knows someone who has built a trailer seems to question my building process and or my integrity. I think the fact that I have built so many trailers (without structural defects) should qualify me to think I know what I'm doing. Now before someone says it, no I do not know it all and if someone can show me a better way to do it, I'm all ears. Dave