Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

oh ok. I guess we are good to chat away on our useless welding subjects
    welding...its awsome

James,
    Are you telling Weld13 he should start drinking??
    DON'T DO IT MAN!!! WHATEVER JAMES SAYS...DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
    DON'T THROW YOUR LIFE AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    anyway....

The "ripple" effect I think you're looking for is more using the 7018 rod. The 6011 rod shouldhave more of a fish scale appearance. Didn't any books you had show this? hmmm....
    you're too impatient to grind at the end of the welds, but you found strap at the side of the road a did a lot of work to prep it!!! I'm very impressed!!!
    Very resourceful!!!
    Let me know about the book thing...
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

From what I welded with I thought the 7018 was better for ripples but you sounded like you said I needed to improve on them. What I was refering to was grinding the rod after a bead or so. Personally I don't like grinding welds I find its a way of cheating and covering up all the stuff you screwed up in the bead or at the end. Just my $.o2
    welding...its awsome

don't need to grind the rod. 6011, just tap it lightly on the floor a couple times.
    answer my last post?
    I'm not late...

Yeh I have seen some stuff in books about the ripplin but it was back when I was startin from chicken poo not knowin what I was doin so I will have to check it out again.
    welding...its awsome

I'll look through my books this weekend, pick up one I think you'll like to start with, and get you a copy...ok?
    I'm not late...

Sounds great. Thanks. I'm have to call it a night soon its 12:47 am here
    welding...its awsome

cool...oh wait, did you go fishing for catfish? catch any?
    I'm not late...

sorry everyone, weld13, let's move this over to e-mail!!!
    I'm not late...

no we decided not to but am goin to go back sometime soon. I dont know about tomorrow soon cause was gonna see if could get some friends together but i might go tomorrow evening instead
    welding...its awsome