Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

so does anyone know where to get a nice leather welding jacket like some of the ones miller sells?
    welding...its awsome

Talking you call that a weld

come one son, you gotta step up with better than that.
    i already said i suck at stick and i gotta say the 4th stick i ever ran was much nicer looking than that. heck i havent even burned a hole pound of rod yet i bet.
    i keep planing to get out and get some time in with the stick 1/2 of my TA but heck i bearly put a dent in my first 5lbs box of stick.
    you'r just going to have to step it up a bit or i wont even have to cheat and use TIG to win this one.

i think the old man might just take ya down son, and as old as we are, i bet he cant even see the end of the rod any more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fun4now; 07-25-2007 at 10:08 PM.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

try your local welding supply store or here is place discountsafetygear.com

Inferno Forge

Chris

yeh but ? what rod was that? it does make a dif. in look and i guess this one is now about looks? ok will do then
    welding...its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    come one son, you gotta step up with better than that.
    i already said i suck at stick and i gotta say the 4th stick i ever ran was much nicer looking than that. heck i havent even burned a hole pound of rod yet i bet.
    i keep planing to get out and get some time in with the stick 1/2 of my TA but heck i bearly put a dent in my first 5lbs box of stick.
    you'r just going to have to step it up a bit or i wont even have to cheat and use TIG to win this one.

i think the old man might just take ya down son, and as old as we are, i bet he cant even see the end of the rod any more.
    oh so we cheatin now are we? well i dont have a tig machine but i guess i will just have to borrow some pics off the net.haha. and btw if were cheatin now ill just pull out some of my 7024.hehe
    welding...its awsome

no offenes ,we are freinds and ever thing but ,my stick welds look alot better I try and get a picture sorry friends don`t let freinds weld bad beads LOL so do a lot or little better next time

Inferno Forge

Chris

well i didnt know yall was beuty bead poc people.jk. im more of a farm welder so looks aint gonna matter to me i just want it to hold. In that case i will kick out the stick machine tomorrow.

Hey i noticed somethin u didnt pop in to kick me while i was down till the others did? im i seein somethin?
    welding...its awsome

naaaa, i'm not cheating yet. i just thought i would have to just to be able to post a pic in this thread the way you were bragging on how great your stick welding was. thought i might have to try to pass off a TIG bead as stick just to look close to as nice as your's sounded like they were going to look.

true hold is important, and the first thing you shoot for. i just got the impresion you were well beond the hold part and had both looks and hold. like i said i have burned maybe 8 or 9 sticks out of my first ever box of stick rods. as for the # ?? not shore i would have to check but i thing 6013?? thats just a guess. i was running on DC electrode ??- ?? cant remember for shore but i do remember some one told me to use DC so i know it was DC.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

ooo i see now hotshot ya got a dc welder way to pick on the poor teenager why dontcha i havent even used dc before and theres another thing no usin dc cause i aint got it
    welding...its awsome

Hey gang, looks like James is trying to enter "our little contest!". Looks like he used 7018 rod; low/hi rod, drag rod, other names for it, but thosed are the common ones. Well, if that is his bead, don't look like I'll have trouble sweeping away the trophy If that was his TIG, yeesh!!! Like we tell our newbies to welding, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time