Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Twas two nights before Christmas

Twas two nights before Christmas and all through the house,
    Not a creature was welding, not even the mouse. (someone set the recycling bin down on him evidently, he’s very flat).

The cables were hung by the welder with care, in hopes that St. Metalman soon would be there. The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of trains and dolls danced in their heads.

And Mamma in her pajamas and I in my cap, had just settled down from quite a wild ‘nap’. When out in the garage, there arose such a clatter, that I sprang from our bed to see what was the matter. Out to the welding shop, I flew like a flash, tore open the garage door and threw on the lamps.

The moon on the breaast of the salt on the car, gave a luster of mid-day to objects near and far

As I really must say, the night was cold and quite clear. I saw a strangely tilting sleigh, and 8 frustrated reindeer. The damage was obvious, as we slid it into the bay, then I thought of the reindeer and looked around for some hay.

‘My friend,’ he exclaimed, broken sleigh runner in hand, ‘my sleigh is quite damaged, From the weight of presents for the land. From past years I knew, this was the place to come to, you’ve got everything we need, could we get some hot chocolate, too?’

My wife filled the kettle and grabbed for the chocolate, and we all looked at the damage, and the quite twisted metal.

As we sipped on hot cocoa, with marshmallows swirling, I asked Santa why he was 24 hours early.
    “With population increasing, it just doesn’t all fit. The weight slows me down, which puts the reindeer in a snit. To do all in one night, as you know that I must, I pre-fill a few secret places that I trust.”

It would be a long night, for that man with a mission, so we all got right down, to discussing sleigh’ fixin.

We jacked the sleigh up, it was no longer sitting low,
    And the shine off the tools were as bright as the snow.

The handle of the impact wrench he held tight in his fist,
    And he knew how to use it, when connected, the hose hissed.

Then more rapid than eagles, the tools they came, and he whistled and shouted and called them by name;
    “Now, Screwdriver! Now, Wrench! Now, 3/8’s and inch!
    On Air tools! On Compressor! This air chisel’s perfect in a pinch!

To the top of the workbench! To power tools near the wall! Now plug them in! Plug them in! Plug them in all!

As dry leaves that before the leaf blower fly,
    When they meet with the sand box mount to the sky,

So into the backyard the reindeer they flew,
    to play with the dog, Stormy had so much fun too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard in the shop,
    The clanking of broken parts coming off with a pop!

As I drew on my gloves, and was turning around,
    out from underneath the sleigh, St. Nicholas came with a bound.

He was looking all around, for something specific,
    Finally spied what he needed, and exclaimed, “This looks terrific!”

The welder was shiny, it was bright blue and ready,
    Obviously used to flux core, he said ‘this’ll get pretty messy’.

“Don’t worry St. Nick,” I said. “This ones uses shielding gas.
    With my miller 210, there’s no need to multi-pass.”

“It’ll do the heavy stuff, like the sleigh runner where it’s bashed. It’ll even do thin stuff, like the sleigh door where it’s gashed.

We flipped down our welding helmets, and he reached for the gun,
    He hollered out to the reindeer ‘cover your eyes’; to me, “this is fun”.

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.
    He knew how to weld, and he got straight to the work. He welded it all up, and then turned with a jerk.

We switched the settings, and then repaired the sleigh door. We painted it and then dropped the sleigh to the floor.

Giving us a warm “thank you”, and petting the dog, he re-loaded the sleigh and then turned around.

He sprang to his seat, to his team, gave a whistle. And away they all flew, like the down of a thistle.

My wife and I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

“Thanks to your welder, I’ll see you all tomorrow night!”

The End
    Last edited by bob_s2; 12-08-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    miller 210, w/spoolgn,.030 solid-core with 120cf C25 gas. Grinders, hf bender. speedgls 9002x helmet.

Good story, did you come up with the idea?

That was pretty cool, so much better than the rest, You should have handed him a stinger and really put him to the test :LOL LOL
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

I wish I was half as creative as you, I am lucky if I put together a sentance on a good day...Good story, Jim
    Lincoln Powermig 255
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Miller AEAD 200LE
    Lincoln AC 225

very....VERY....COOL!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Thats awesome!!!!!
    I love it!