Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default FusionKing, How did the Z-06 block go?

It has been about a month since it came up and I was wondering how the repair and/or quest for info was going. Thanks, JEFF

I really don't know. I relayed all the info to my brother and he wasn't sure if he was gonna do it or let me. That was the last I heard.
    If I get ahold of him I'll post an update.
    Thanks.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. I have some aluminum stuff around but I am not in a hurry to break it! That late model stuff has a lot of potential but it takes a big check book. JEFF

Quote Originally Posted by jeffscarstrucks View Post
    Thanks, I'll keep an eye out. I have some aluminum stuff around but I am not in a hurry to break it! That late model stuff has a lot of potential but it takes a big check book. JEFF
    It's getting cheaper, the LS1 world is doing alot better now... When my car first came out, stainless headers for it were $1400, now they settled to about $700-800. Same with aftermarket heads, $3,000+ to now $1200-2000...
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

The next motor i build will be an LS. I regret going old school when i built the 383 for my camaro. I could have gotten more power and better drivability if i went the LS route.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

OK I got the lowdown. The guy has pretty much decided not to throw good money after bad. Even tho tho the first machine shop screwed up and cracked the block... it had cracked a cyl. already during dyno testing.
    After asking how much he owed my brother he just left it. It wasn't that much, just cleaning etc.
    As for the "cold" welding discussed in the earlier thread, I really don't buy it. I can't see inducing a ton of stress into something that is already crack prone and I would do whatever to relieve that from happening myself.
    IMO if yer gonna go that route then you may as well MiG it and get it over with...that's as cold as it gets... or should I say it stays? Just my opinion YMMV
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX