Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How does the milwaukee version compare though?

I'm not a big fan of plastic guards on something flinging metal shavings. Milwaukee's looks to be metal and covers the whole blade.

I'm not sure the Mrs will let me get one yet, but I plan on looking at them tuesday if I can't squeeze it in tomorrow. I have to go pick up about 1600# of steel tomorrow and I only have a half ton.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

I use the Ridgid both at home and at work, it cuts great, the quick clamp is very nice to work with and the heavy cast base helps keep it in place. I've had very good luck with the machine, hasn't let me down yet
    Trailblazer 302G
    MM 210 with spool gun
    Thermal Arc Heffty2 CC/CV suitcase
    Smith torches
    Porter Cable 14" carbide chop saw
    griders and hand tools coming out the WAZOO

I owe! I owe! so off to work I go!

I've got the Dewalt 14" chop saw, great saw, easy to change blades, so far so good!

Default chop saws

I started out with a milwaukee chopsaw, after about 6 or 7 months it got knocked over and broke the handle. I bought another milwaukee and another couple of months and the handle got broke. I bought a makita and that one lasted about a year before the switch went bad, I was in the middle of doing a job and needed one to finish the job, closest place to get one was Homedepot so I bought one of their el-cheapo's , two years later I've got two broke milwaukees, a broke makita, and a cheapie that is still going strong. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

I ended up buying the DeWalt Multi-cutter after looking at both units. Milwaukee's clamp seemed cumbersome. DeWalt did a good job with theirs making it easy to move around.

DeWalt also has a rebate going where you can get a grinder or another blade free with the purchase of the saw. I picked it up online for just under 400 delivered.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

I have both the Milwaukee and Ridgid 14" chop saws. My experience is oilfield.

The Ridgid is way better.
    Miller Pro 300
    Craftsman buzzbox

I saw one at my hd the other day that was a dewalt and had the quick adjust cutting angle which may be what you bought. I looked at it and it had a d handle, quick change angle(lever instead of bolt like on milwalkee) and the rebate option for a free4 1/2 inch grinder. I dont know if it was just the display but the guard seemed to be kinda of well...underbuilt because it didnt have a spring like i believe the milwalkees do and kinda of floppy and the quick adjust was loose which may have just needed adjustment. I know the main thing is it was a display. thanks sorry for the long message
    welding...its awsome

DeWalt chop saws are really good, that floor model was probably broken, but I'm surprised the spring didn't work or wasn't on there! Watch out for free grinders! I bought 100 grinding disks and you get a free bosch 4-1/2" grinder with it...Didn't realize till I got home it was their smaller one (5.5amp). I like 7amps or more...I use this one for sanding, since it takes too long to grind...
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Did you ever think about getting a dry cold cut chop saw.Had an abrasive chop saw years ago and it work great until I seen the difference in a cold cut saw.Don't have all the sparks to deal with,the blade always stays 14",the piece that you cut comes free of burs and its cool to touch.Difinitly something to think about.
    301 trailblazer
    12vs extreme mig box
    spectrum plus plasma
    steelmax mag drill
    millwaukee steel cutting skillsaw

dewalt 14" cold cut off saw
    various hand &power tools
    spoolmatic 30a

Question

Do you think you can point me in the right d******** as to where to get a dry/cold cut chop saw? I looked at dewalts website and didnt find any. I know there are other manufactures that make them just didnt know which to look at. Thanks
    welding...its awsome