Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

You ever have to do that much grinder again, invest in a 7" grinder!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Bert. A good 7" is in order. What would type grinder disk would you prefer? Such as flap disk or a standard hard surface grind disk.

P.S.
    No work got done tonight. Started the day at 4 degrees ( F ) and warmed up to 10 degrees. I made it home finally at 9 00 tonight. Gota love days like today, Kinda refreshing.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom37 View Post
    You ever have to do that much grinder again, invest in a 7" grinder!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Bert. A good 7" is in order. What would type grinder disk would you prefer? Such as flap disk or a standard hard surface grind disk.

P.S.
    No work got done tonight. Started the day at 4 degrees ( F ) and warmed up to 10 degrees. I made it home finally at 9 00 tonight. Gota love days like today, Kinda refreshing.

Tom
    WOW!!! What a great positive attitude I'd start with a regular hard surface, than use a flap wheel to buff her out Personally, I would take it to my college and use the victor track cutter/oxy/acet to cut the bevel, then flap disk it....I know I'll catch h@ll for this, but I bought a 7" Craftsman, on sale for $130 I think 'cause I don't have much money now. Plus the warranty makes it easy to take it back in case of failure (without sarcasm!)
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

I'd just like to add that you're not boring me either. The board is called "projects" so this is what's all about. The more pics the better as far as I'm concerned.

I have made a little progress but not much. Getting up to x-mas was crazy but I made it thru. Late in Dec. I managed to slip and fall off of the step on my work truck. Ya know when ya fall you always look to see if any one saw ya fall. Well no one saw me make my gracefull landing but I was stuck for a minute or two while I waited for my helper to come over and help me out. I wish I had a pic to show ya all, since I was stuck between my truck and another that I was parked really close to. Any ways my back keep me limited on my evening activities . I got started the first of last week, got a call on Tues, my buddies Father in law passed away. The next night it seems i broke the wifes car, She says it never makes that noise when she drives it. So amoungst the wake , funeral , and the wheel bearing hub, brakes, and ball joints. I need at least a day or two to clean up. Oh ya she just told me she needs an oil change too.

The project is still moving forward, just really slow still. I'll post more pics soon.

BTW I hope everyone had a Great Holiday.
    Tom

Found a little time, here is a couple pics. Sorry for the focus not being the greatest. I think I am getting close here, a few odds and ends and a little paint should top it off. BTW when I got started I found that I was nearly out of argon mix, so I finished with 6013 and 7018. The 60 was just to tack since I am not to good at tacking with the 7018.

I know these arnt perfect, but I was quite happy when the slag lifted off like it did.

Again these arnt the prettiest but I think I am getting there.

Now I have to get back into the CAD mood again and finish my plans.

I couldnt come up with a real good way to make the plate lift when the bolts were loosened, so I used a piece of flat strap with a nut on the bottom side. It works, just not as good as I would have liked.