Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default My Bending Brake

Its been a long time since i posted. I cant remember if I put info in the profile, so just in case I am in Kansas CIty. Just thought I might post a couple pics of my latest projects. I welcome input here, GOOD and BAD, I am always willing to learn. Thanks for looking everyone.

Here is the bending brake that I have started on. I have spent hours looking at what everyone has posted and this is what I have come up with so far.

I sure hope that these files dont kill the people that are on dial up. I uploaded them to photo bucket as message board size.

Ok it looks like I can only post 4 pics at a time, so here is a few more. Please say something if I am putting to many pics, as I dont want to offend anyone.

Ok, for now thats all I have of the brake.

Default Material Thickness

Your material looks fairly stout and well constructed, what thickness do you anticipate bending?

At this point most likley 3/16 would be the heaviest, and if it looks like it can take the abuse maybe 1/4 tabs if I was to make the bend near the side of the brake. I am also building a BBQ trailer and I need to make shelves and storage boxes kinda like the ones a person may see on the side of a flatbed. But I have to hang the boxes from the ceiling, so I am guessing that 1/8 for the box unless I can convince the wife that I need a bead roller. Just for the record chances of that are slim. I honestly dont think I will be able to bend 3/16 with out heat, heck 1/8 may be a chore but it has to be better then what I have now which is nothing.

looks good. alot better then the one I builded about ten years ago. I sold it on craigslist just a few days ago.
    post some pics of that bbq smoker!! I need some more ideas for mine
    check this post search.... my summer project I don't remeber the guy's name but he got one **** of a nice smoker and alot pics. I get a chub everytime I look at the thread.
    Welcome back, Daye
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Dial up guy here. Your pics are fine, thanks for asking.

Good pics too, all in focus, good close ups.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Tom, nice cad drawing.
    What program did you use?

I have to get into that sort of thing

G

Quote Originally Posted by gordfraser View Post
    Tom, nice cad drawing.
    What program did you use?

I have to get into that sort of thing

G
    I used Google Sketchup.

At first I couldnt make heads or tails of the darn thing, then thanks to the search feature of the internet I found many many videos that go along with the book sketch up for dummies. I dont have the book but the videos are a godsend. Even I could follow along.