Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default my summer project.

not really welding, although i did weld up some supports to hold the hole thing up off the sunken cement piller.
    with the announcement of a new baby on the way we needed to get our 2nd son out of our room to make room for #3.
    this is a project that should have only taken me a week at best, but i just don't work the way i used to. so any way 8 months latter. the carpet is in and i only have a few small finish molding jobs to go.
    i ran a separate circuit for the heater to make shore he dose not get cold, but with all the insulation it seems needless so far. but we will keep it as a back up just in case as i did not get a duct from the house heater into his room. maybe this coming summer i will make that happen.
    at the same time as i built this one i also dry walled my other sons room i added on 5 years ago but used paneling instead of dry wall. so i figured might as well git it taken care of at the same time.
    my other son's room is pained in revers of this one. he has 2 long green walls 2 short blue with blue carpet. this one has 2 long blue, 2 short green and forest green carpet. both have yellow ceilings.

any way, just thought i would share my summer's head ack with you all.

the out side is finished now, but this is the only pic i have at the time, no idea what i did with the finished pic's ?????? but you get the idea.
    with way too much wind, insulation was a top priority.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Smile last few.

a few last shots of the inside and a bad shot of the carpet that doesn't really show how nice it looks.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Good working.. I know how those project can seem to go on forever!

Miller 140 w A/S
    HF 90 Amp Flux Core
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    Smith O/A Torch
    Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

you are all too right about that.
    but with limited work time its way more than i want to take on again.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Congrats on the new baby !! Looks good!! A ton of work huh? Same project here, thats why I haven't posted much the last year. Heres 3 pics of my 2008 project, My sons house. first pic is where we started Nov 2007 and the second pic is Oct 2008. Been alot of work but he's got cheap help...LOL Hope to have it done by spring 09' The last pic is my 2 boys and me taken last week when we put in the septic system. Been alot of work but enjoyed spending the time with them. Keep at it, before you know it, you'll be building them houses.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Good deal guys!

I have a basement suite project that I have been working on and off... well mostly off I guess for the last couple of years. We got flooded one summer, I did the clean up and tear out pretty quick. Finished the bathroom almost right away, took awhile to get the kitchen finished (I hate cabinets and counters!!!) and now I have a closet to finish framing and drywall plus repair the drywall in the laundry room, paint and then flooring.

Hmm that reminds me, I guess I should get back at that!!!
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

i gotta say the most fun i ever had at a job was building houses. loved going to work, till it nearly put me in a chair.
    but life goes on, slower now thats all.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

You might be slower now but at least you still don'thave to pay someone else to do it!! Keep at it !!
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Thumbs up you got that right !!

HMW
    You might be slower now but at least you still don't have to pay someone else to do it!!

yea, no kidding there. no way it would have happened if i had to shell out for some one else to do it, i was expensive.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Very nice work! The build looks awesome and the finish is clean as can be...great job!
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine