Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Work Boots

Ive been wearing Wolverines for the last few years. I tried Red Wings when I couldnt find the Wolves that I wanted. I really didnt even break them in as they hurt too much. Everybodys feet are different. You need to wear what is comfortable on you.

Any body want a pair of gently used Red Wings??? Make me an offer.
    Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt 225
    Miller 180 w/Autoset
    Old cutting torch on LPG

I had a pair of wolverines that only lasted a year before i got my redwings. I opted for the $50 inserts for my redwings.
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com

I have been wearing Redwing (Pecos) steel toed boots for about 16 years.They have always worn well right out of the box. I wear this type of boot , because I will burn the strings out of a lace-up boot.

I looked for the ones I have but they no longer make them I guess (Red Wing WORX 5489-3) but they do still offer some with the guards..... even if not required I'd go for them as every time I have dropped something on my foot it is 99.9% more likely to hit the top of my foot vs the toe....plus the laces are protected and the guards keep sparks slag etc out of your boot
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Being in a farm enviroment( cow s**t eats anything) the last pair of carhartt slip ons bI had are the first boot I EVER had last me two years. Of course they are made in China. I have a pair of wolverine lace ups now..we will see how they last....Jim
    Lincoln Powermig 255
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Miller AEAD 200LE
    Lincoln AC 225

Quote Originally Posted by nfinch86 View Post
    Where are you located, U.S.A.? , Canada ?.......... Norm :
    im located in the USA accutaully in Southeast Missouri area

Default Work boots

See i build rail cars right now im wearing Redwing 2240's first pair of reedwings i have ever owned usually i just bought el cheapo's from the wal-mart and my feet can't handle that anymore. So im just looking for the concensus i went against everything i was tought in the Marine Corp by just buying cheap boots,
    it hard around this area to find boots with metatarsels.

please forgive any typos for abit as the keyboard on my laptop is being retarded,

anywho back to working on the drawings of this new bike Im gonna be starting this fall oh and helping wifey make sugar cookies lol

all the input on the boots is greatly appreciated

Thumbs up Workboots

I've been wearing Redwing #4451 with the "Diamondback Soles" (go figure, I live in Arizona), wore them when I drove a mixer, walked around Phoenix International Raceway all day long, and wear them now. I opted for the insoles too (heat them in the oven, put them in, wear them). I oil mine weekly. 8" boot protects the ankles too. Definitely worth the $$$$$.
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Default work boots

I also favor the red wings i started wearing the die-hard work boot and and didn't like how fast they wore out so I listened to my father and spent the extra money on redwings and haven't looked back five years now.
    Fatty's Chassis'and Speed Parts LLC.
    330 ST Aircrafter
    Lincoln MIG pak 55
    JET band saw

Default nfinch86- Canadian Weldor :

A couple guys have mentioned Laces, I take the new laces out the first day, put in Leather Laces.
    ONE PAIR will last Ten pair of work boots!!!.......... Norm :

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com