Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Tool list

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CDB Land, TN
    Posts
    135

    Default

    If you got to buy anything, do it when you get there and just what you need.
    No need to take to much, the stuff will grow legs, if you know what I mean.
    Parking at a sleep over(motel) is risky at night, you might get cleaned out.
    Be safe
    Jeff

    Give more than you get and
    you will get more than ya need.
    This is true for the good and bad
    that life puts out.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    dallas tx
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jweller View Post
    WD-40 and Duct tape.


    Is there anything else anyone could possibly need
    you said it all
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

  3. #13

    Default

    a leatherman and a log of Copenhagan....


    and some toilet paper

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NYC, NY
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master_apprentice View Post
    Hey y'all

    Since I'm heading out west in the next few months I'm just looking to get a few ideas for tools. I already have started getting some together. Obviously a tape measure, torpedo level, scribe, regular 24'' level etc etc . But I'm looking for tools you guys would find most valuable to remove and make the job a bit easier to get done. I'm open to any ideas and am willing to get a bigger tool box. So please feel free to enlighten me and my fellow apprentices and please give us a tool list.
    Ironworker apprentice?

    12" Crescent wrench(aka adjustable aka wescott) or 16" Crescent spud
    Leatherman tool
    Pocket knife
    25' or 30' tape measure
    Pen, pencil, soapstone, permanent marker
    Small notepad

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NYC, NY
    Posts
    5

    Exclamation Artic Temp IW

    Quote Originally Posted by FATFAB View Post
    Ten pound single jack with a short handle, bull pin, spud wrenches (5/8-1 1/4), slever bar, bolt bags, hard hat, fall protection harness, welding hood with hard hat rig, arctic clothing good to -45F, and lunch.
    Pay is only $19.08 + $8.08 PH for a first year, #32.29 + 19.08 PH for a foreman.

    But you only need this list if you want to do real work
    -45F?!? How do you bolt up(or anything else LOL) at -45F? Your gloves must have 3" of insulation top and bottom. Wow... What Local are you out of?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master_apprentice View Post
    Hey y'all

    Since I'm heading out west in the next few months I'm just looking to get a few ideas for tools. I already have started getting some together. Obviously a tape measure, torpedo level, scribe, regular 24'' level etc etc . But I'm looking for tools you guys would find most valuable to remove and make the job a bit easier to get done. I'm open to any ideas and am willing to get a bigger tool box. So please feel free to enlighten me and my fellow apprentices and please give us a tool list.
    great article. I will bookmark this

  7. #17

    Cool

    dont forget the rolling papers

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Delhi, Ontario:
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K Williams View Post
    Ironworker apprentice?

    12" Crescent wrench(aka adjustable aka wescott) or 16" Crescent spud
    Leatherman tool
    Pocket knife
    25' or 30' tape measure
    Pen, pencil, soapstone, permanent marker
    Small notepad
    K Williams, Hi;

    Out of Curiosity what is a Leatherman Tool ??
    ................ Norm

    Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

    - Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

    - LN-25 Wire Feeder

    - Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:



    - Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wichita Falls, Tx
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nfinch86 View Post
    K Williams, Hi;

    Out of Curiosity what is a Leatherman Tool ??
    ................ Norm
    have fun looking at there website.
    http://www.leatherman.com/multi-tool...charge-al.aspx

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anchorage AK
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K Williams View Post
    -45F?!? How do you bolt up(or anything else LOL) at -45F? Your gloves must have 3" of insulation top and bottom. Wow... What Local are you out of?
    I hire out of 751 Anchorage. and the gloves are not needed if you keep moving. lol


    At -45 you want to be the welder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.