Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

-Norm, The hoist is handmade from scraps. I bought the ram from Northern tools. I was worried my trailer would sag on the corner its mounted to but it does real well. Its also handy for loading my MM210 when I am by myself which is most of the time.
    -Bill C. I had gotten some great work from a paper co. called Weyerhauser. Things were looking good and then they got bought out by International Paper. I am now listed as a vendor for IP but they are shutting down plants left and right. A weld shop that I worked for last year has all but shutdown. He had about ten guys working for him.
    -Fusion king, Sorry things have slowed for you also, I don't know what the future holds for everyone but I am going to try and hold on. Hopefully when the economy recovers the guys still in business will make up there losses. Happy thanksgiving everyone, Adam
    Webb's Welding and Repair LLC
    MM210 w/a 3035 spoolgun
    Syncrowave 250
    Spectrum 625
    Trialbazer 302 w/HF
    http://webbsweldingandrepair.com/home

After the herd thins out the strong bucks will stil be standing

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Thumbs up NFinch 86

Hey Norm: Be checking your mail, sent you something from Arizona!

Enjoy..........

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Thumbs up nfinch86- Canadian Weldor :

Dave, HI, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family. We had ours in October!! As far as checking my Mail, would that be the old snail mail ?? Now you have got me real curious !! PM. me , Please, Please!!!!!..... Norm :

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Thumbs up nfinch86- Canadian Weldor :

FusionKing, HI; I'm sorry for putting a Dampper on your day!!! Here in Canada, things from what i've read and seen myself, are NOT as Bad as they are in the U.S.A. For one thing we have not sold our Country or Morgaged it to China the way it seems your Govt. has done for you! I TRUELY HOPE things pick up for you personally and your economy , South of the Border!!!...... Norm :

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .

Default "Snail Mail"

Yeah, pony expressshould be getting it pretty soon, I think you'll like it. Ever get over to E-s-s-e-x? Spent a few days there long, long ago, (1972) when I was outta high school, cool little town, I still like vinegar on my friesTalk to ya soon, gotta go to work, it's snowing in northern AZ, that's where I gotta goThat's the only way the filter would let me spell the town!

Dave
    Last edited by davedarragh; 11-27-2008 at 07:42 PM.
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Default nfinch86- Canadian Weldor :

Quote Originally Posted by davedarragh View Post
    Yeah, pony expressshould be getting it pretty soon, I think you'll like it. Ever get over to E-s-s-e-x? Spent a few days there long, long ago, (1972) when I was outta high school, cool little town, I still like vinegar on my friesTalk to ya soon, gotta go to work, it's snowing in northern AZ, that's where I gotta goThat's the only way the filter would let me spell the town!

Dave
    Dave,Hi; I'm waiting with Great Anticitation for that poney to arrive.
    yea i'm about 100 miles east of Es***, Near Tillsonburg, Ont.! In 1972 I'd been Welding for Five yrs. allready, long time ago ! You still like Vinegar on your fries, Eh? You must be part Canadian ( The Best Part ) Eh ??:
    We havn't had much snow, to-day was about 4C or 40F!! Talk to you soon. Have a good one!!....... Norm : PS. They Edited the name you Know what Town OUT ??
    Speaking of Snow my Wife had never seen any either, untill she move to Canada, She's from Southern California , but she's learned to enjoy all Four seasons!! Talk to you soon.......... Norm :
    Last edited by nfinch86; 11-28-2008 at 07:19 PM.

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .

Things have slowed up in Michigan, I'm told Michigan has been hit the hardest with all of our auto plants shutting down.

I had a slow spring but got busy by May 15th and am still busy thank god, I'm expecting to be really slow come january and not sure what the spring will be like.

Most big fab shops are about out of business and I suspect me picking up what few customers they still had is whats helping me now.

Even in Alberta, it's slowed down quite a bit, so even my firm has to diversify to keep afloat. Going to New York next week to pick up repair work for the Sulzer line of spray machines.

The welding covers support my business quite a bit, and the reels should help as well. Gotta buy that new bike for next spring ya know.

Default work still steady

We have been in business going on 3 years and our work load has been steadliy increasing. Our business revolves around the farming community and small busineses plus we have a local heat/ac company that contributes much business. The work load has not dropped off even though many in the area is out ot work or very slow. We do from 2 to 4 thousand a week which isn't getting rich but not bad for one ole' man of 62. The wife keeps the office in order. We are blessed and never fail to freeely give the Lord his tenth. To us, it is no mistory how our business continues to grow..We wish a turn around for all in our trade.....