Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weldcraft wp 17

Default weldcraft wp 17

Hey people i" ve been tigging along time and using wp17 flexes forever about a month ago i had one blow up like a bullfrog whenever i opened the gas valve i figured what the heck it doesn't owe me anything so on goes a new one and two days later i fired up a new one go to do some tacking and hear and feel a slight crack noise now this one starts too leak and blacken the welds whats up with this any ideas?
    smokin ana grinnin for 20 years
    Owner MARKS MOBILE WELDING
    trailblazer 302
    hobart suitcase mig
    miller 30a al spool gun
    laramy plastic welder
    brocco cutter
    pipe beveler
    all walter hand tools

Quote Originally Posted by squig View Post
    Hey people i" ve been tigging along time and using wp17 flexes forever about a month ago i had one blow up like a bullfrog whenever i opened the gas valve i figured what the heck it doesn't owe me anything so on goes a new one and two days later i fired up a new one go to do some tacking and hear and feel a slight crack noise now this one starts too leak and blacken the welds whats up with this any ideas?
    Totally weird...I wonder if your regulator is shot or something.
    How hot are you running it?? It's only a 150 amp torch.
    2 junkers in a row?
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Default sanitary welds mostly

no hotter than 85 amps wondering if the glue?lets go after time?
    trailblazer 302
    hobart suitcase mig
    miller 30a al spool gun
    laramy plastic welder
    brocco cutter
    pipe beveler
    all walter hand tools

I have had that happen also.I quit using that type.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

switched over to a pro star and problem gone i still like the feel of the wp17 but buisness is buisness
    trailblazer 302
    hobart suitcase mig
    miller 30a al spool gun
    laramy plastic welder
    brocco cutter
    pipe beveler
    all walter hand tools

Exclamation Wp-17fh

I was just thinking of getting one of these, but now I may just stick with "old faithful." Hmm, wonder if Weldcraft is aware of this?
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

emailed them a week ago to see if it was somthing i was doing wrong because i have a ton of cups, lenses ect. havent heard a word o; well customer service is very important to me as i strive to maintain it for my customers
    trailblazer 302
    hobart suitcase mig
    miller 30a al spool gun
    laramy plastic welder
    brocco cutter
    pipe beveler
    all walter hand tools

heard anything from Weldcraft about your torches yet? If not, take them to the next tent sale in your area and hopefully a Weldcraft rep will be there to give you new torches, or a better one
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Wp-17

Gents,

I am new to the forum and a new owner of a Dynasty 200dx. (new to tig welding all together) I purchased the contractor kit with the weldcraft 150amp air cooled torch and was wondering if I can "purposely" change the angle of the head? Looks like it could flex right behind the backcap but after reading this thread I didn't want to break it?

I have been practicing on some 1/8" aluminum and running upwards of 135 amps and for sure the torch gets pretty warm. I am considering getting a different torch, recomendations anyone?

Thanks,

Tim

You can usually bend them a little and be okay.A flex head contains a coil to allow it to bend (there are new ones that use a different method).The fixed head torches use a copper tube that can be bent ,but over bending and too much will eventually get the best of it.
    You have 3 choices about your overheated tig torch.Use a 200 amp torch,a water cooled torch set-up or get another 150 amp torch and hose and swap them out when needed.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES