Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

gumpy42....WHOOOAAA BOY!!! CALM DOWN!!!
    lmao....good you screamed, made me happy I didn't start tigging with my D200 yet Anyway, i would have read the manual and read the GTAW handbook before I started...Darn good advice for me
    Keep it coming....
    School has all Sync 350 transformer machines.....
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by IRONWORKER View Post
    AND THAT IS TRUE WHAT DO YOU DO ASK FOR HELP OR READ ALL THAT LITERATURE AND FORGET WHAT YOU READ

THIS IS COOL I LEARNED SOMTHING FROM HERE " WELD ON "
    The more you know on a subject the more you'll remember each time you touch that subject, allthough you think you forgot, the human mind is a complex thing and long term memory is just that -Long term. Read, talk, ask, watch, and try- don't rule out any learning tool, someday someone will introduce something to you and suddenly you'll remember what you had forgotten or as you learn each time you retouch a particular subject stuff from the past does play in (maybe you didn't fully someting understand the first time, but later as you grow and learn old stuff starts to make since and fall into place.
    Reading is good and the internet is a wonderfull tool for free reference material, Check it out we found "here" on the net and we read.
    Last edited by mwccwi; 07-20-2007 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling more spelling
    Martin
    Welding Technician
    AWS Certified Welding Inspector
    AWS Certified Welding Educator
    ASNT ACCP Level II VT/GI/D
    www.linkedin.com/pub/martin-cramer/20/b36/940/

Another noob tig welder here.

I have a new Syncrowave 200 and like others on this thread have been doing a LOT of research. Transformer. Inverter. Square wave. Advanced square wave. And apparently those are two completely different animals. My tig welding with the 200 thus far has been confined to mild steel and stainless as I try to move out of the "mud dauber" phase. I must say that my first beads left a lot to be desired, and I must hold the record for sticking the tungsten in the puddle.

Where this thread is concerned, and my question. My research would seem to indicate that transformer machines (Syncrowave) are confined to using pure tungsten, balled, for aluminum. Inverters (Dynasty) - 1.5% lanthanated with a truncated point. BUT, I keep coming across threads or suggestions in some of the literature that would indicate using 1.5% lanthanated with a truncated point on aluminum with transformer machines. So, is anyone with a Syncrowave using pointed lanthanated on aluminum, or am I confined to pure tungsten balled when I get to aluminum? At the rate that I am progressing on mild steel, that will be awhile.