Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Question i need I-POD ?? i think help

the wife needs one of the lil pre-load music players for work. but we don't know squat about them. yea i know we are living in the dark age's out here with the cow's. we don't want anything too small just one about the size of a pack of smokes, you know one of the old ones. just some thing she can keep around her neck so when she gets up wit wont get pulled off the sewing machine and fall like her CD player dose. too much steel in the building and low signals out here to start with make radio out of the question so its I-POD (i think they are called) or nothing, and nothing is not cutting it.8^((
    any of you guys use these at work ? if so what should we be looking for and is it still possible to get one large enough to see it without a mag. lens?? and at a reasonable price?? where should we look?? is this a wal-mart or radio shack thing or is there a better option ?? not shore if e-pay is the best option here or not but willing to look if we had some idea as to what to look for??
    thanks for any help, sorry to be so far behind the times.

before ya start laughing too badly we do have a cell phone, but it only dose calls, no games or computer powers like e-mail and internet surfing. just makes phone calls like a phone is supposed to .8^))
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

If you get the video one, you can also play .mp4 movie files and there is an excellent program that will convert your DVD movies to .mp4

Other than that tidbit, I don't have one yet.

Can't help you there James, sorry. I'm behind the times like you, and we aren't allowed to wear headphones at work anyway. Wish I could though
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

thanks guys, the movie thing sounds cool but we cant even play DVD's on our computer, so i dont think we could load them into the i-pod thingy.
    she realy just needs some tunes for work.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

For that, I'd probably just buy the cheapest one I could find that used insertable SD flash memory cards. Does your computer have USB ports? A card reader to load the SD card is less than $10.

Else, just get another cheap one with enough memory for the songs you want. It'll probably need USB connection to the computer, too.

I JUST came back from Radio Shack. IPOD nanos. 2G memory $150, 4G memory, $200 and the movie one for $250 also. How much do you have to spend?
    Compare that with eBay and shipping cost...
    I'm sure you wait for a sale at COMPUSA or somewhere, you could probably get it at least $50 cheaper....
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time