Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yeah, the judge was wrong in discounting the restitution like that. He confessed, so he's accountable for all of it. If it was stereo's or laptops, a fence is only going to pay 25% (if that), so why would it be any different for steel scrap?

I'm so disgusted that our nation has become a bunch of ACLU pansies who seem to think criminals have equal rights to non-criminal citizens (and have a feeling it's only getting worse under bama). You waived your rights as soon as you violated someone else's.

yea, what he said. he should be paying you 125% to cover your expense of having to go get it again. gas and time do not just fall out of trees.
    as for the " criminals have equal rights to non-criminal citizens " they tend to have more, they get a layer 4 free. the victim gets squat..

the hole country is turning into pansy azzed turn the other cheek and he couldn't help himself sissy's. time to give the rights back to the victim. after all he is not the one that chose to take part in the crime is he.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Sorry for all that loss! I agree with fun4now and all the rest of you...."Justice" System is unfair for all the good people. I still don't understand why you can't rig your car or truck to shock someone trying to break into your vehicle or house I had co-workers that spent 5-10 years in jail for B&E and they don't understand why people still hate them. Their comeback: "WHAT'S WRONG? I PAID MY DUES!!!!" I just explained to them that I don't think that people are happy or don't see them as "paying their dues" by being in jail....The victims didn't get their property back, trauma from their house being broken into, and the tax payers had to pay $50,000/year to house you in jail!!!!!!!!
    duh
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by FormerTankSarge View Post
    Too bad a guy couldn't hook up an electric fence charger to the outside of the truck...
    anyone ever see the thing on tv a couple years ago that was to help prevent thieves and it was a flame thrower type thing that came out from under the driver and passenger doors? i highly doubt we will ever see anything like that on the road but on the show they were using dummies for their demonstrations... as bad as it may be if i had a nice new rig and someone was trying to steal it i think id get a kick out of hearing what kinda words came out of their mouths and what kinda looks were on their faces when them flames came a rollin
    Last edited by blazin454; 11-29-2008 at 12:18 AM.

Lightbulb

i saw that, i think it started out in england. bummer is its illegal, but i guess its ok to car jack with a .45. ya just cant use a flame thrower to defend your self.
    just think how many rights you would be taking away from that poor fella with the .45 trying to steel your car.

i'm all for it, i think if a fella pulls a gun on you. you should have the right to defend your self with any thing you can come up with, including a flame.
    i wonder if liquid oxygen would be denying his rights, after all its just air.now that would be fun.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

just get a fence eletrafy it and get a really really big dog like a roughtwiler or a bull mastiff and let them roam free on you proporty and to keep them out of the house get chahuehue and a bull mastiff thatll keep them out. oh yeah lots and lots of lights like statium lights the kind that pi$$ off the people that live around you. and a sign that says tresspassers will be shot on sight

get a really really big dog like a roughtwiler or a bull mastiff
    i am so bummed right now as i lost my bull mastiff. its strange to not have him around.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    i wonder if liquid oxygen would be denying his rights, after all its just air.now that would be fun.
    Can we use liquid nitroget that come up from the seat and freeze his b@lls off??
    Now I'd like to hear the words on THAT one!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

The primary issue with electrifying the exterior and the flamethrower is that they're indiscriminant. The problem with modern law, is that it's somehow become illegal to injure someone who's in the process of stealing from you. I see these as mutually exclusive issues, but our laws don't.

I spoke to the police chief back when I was installing stereos about putting razor blades on the back of the deck so that when someone reaches behind it to yank it out, they slice their fingers. It's not a threat to the owner, because they know there's razors back there - but that's considered an attractive nuisance to the police. Somehow owning something that someone else might want to take is now "our fault." Mind you, this was back in the early 90's, but still... When did owning nice stuff become our fault that someone would want to steal it and we somehow have an obligation to not hurt them when they try to? If I had my way, there wouldn't just be razors under the dash, there would be a guillotine!

It's kind of expensive, but you could rig a halon fire extinguisher system in the vehicle and hope to suffocate the criminal. Just deny knowing that it's the likely outcome if anything comes up. You just wanted a fog that didn't leave a residue.
    Last edited by Fishy Jim; 11-30-2008 at 07:11 PM.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Ford's locks on the Superduty is not much for security. You can stick a screwdriver in the key slot, take a pair of pliers, turn the screwdriver and sheer the lock cylinder. They are also easy to pry the whole handle assembly out of the door. Some is manufacturing an aftermarket reinforcement or shield to help prevent theft by doin this

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    get a really really big dog like a roughtwiler or a bull mastiff
    i am so bummed right now as i lost my bull mastiff. its strange to not have him around.
    i know how you feel i lost mine a few weeks ago i miss her alot