Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig View Post
    I dont understand how you replaced your door latches. Do have a pic or two?

I'll post pics later, however mine is a crew cab, the back door latches are not keyed and installed in the same way as the drivers and passenger latches so I ordered and installed a set as well as removed the hard ware hanger that used to lock and unlock the old set with a key. Doesn't look like you can slimjim a ford truck with automatic locks. So if my batterys go dead I'm hooped getting into the truck.

Since the locks themselves are in a plastic retainer, all it takes for a thief is to take a screw driver and give it a quick turn to break the plastic holder and open the door. they popped my hood, quickly disabled the alarm siren and went at it on my ignition switch. My starter kill engaged, they routed around for stuff to steal and left.

$200 bucks later, I had a new ignition and a set of keyless door latches

Cruizer, just install a remote hot lug off the battery. If your batteries die, you can just get jumped or hook a charger to it and you're back inside.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Here's one vote to say we should get the long story now...
    Two votes for the long story.

Thumbs up

lars66 Quote:
    Originally Posted by MAC702

I'll third that.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Too bad a guy couldn't hook up an electric fence charger to the outside of the truck...

Miller 140 w A/S
    HF 90 Amp Flux Core
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    Smith O/A Torch
    Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

Thumbs up

Too bad a guy couldn't hook up an electric fence charger to the outside of the truck

yea, except in 240V
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Looking at the door latches on the 2009 trucks, I see they no longer use keys to unlatch the doors. The Lariats and Kings have only the #'d keypads However the other models are not using the keyed door lock any more. Hmmmm. maybe there was a problem.

Pretty easy for anyone to replace thiers though, took 20 minutes to do my Lariet

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    lars66 Quote:
    Originally Posted by MAC702

I'll third that.
    Well, it's not really that long of a story... i purchased some color cameras, installed them outside, one by the door, one facing the pk lot. The cops said he probably would not return, however, criminals being dumb, he came back the following weekend. I came in to check the new cameras with my son and lo and behold, there he was loading his truck on camera i called the local PD and they came down to watch the video... they said they couldn't make out the plate good enough to track him down, about two months later, after showning everyone i know the pictures of his truck, one of my freinds called and said he saw the guy on the hiway, he gave me the plate # and i called the police once again, they ran the plate and track him down, issued a warrent, made the arrest... when they questioned him he tryed to say he'd never been to my town, then they showed him some pics... and he confessed. Faced with jail time at his age of 70 yrs. old, he pleaded to pay restitution in luie of jail, the judge settled on 50% of replacement cost... i got paid... now he got a lawyer who says he was wronged by having to pay more than what he got for scrap price???... i say too F-ing bad for him, but it's up to the legal system....

thats the long version
    Kelly

Trailblazer 301D
    2 XMT 304's
    Dynasty 300 Tigrunner
    Spectrum 2050
    XR with ALUMA-PRO
    12RC suitcase
    Millermatic 251
    60a feeder
    Ellis 1600
    Bridgeport
    16" southbend
    Too many Hand tools...

the judge settled on 50% of replacement cost..
    should have made him pay 100% replacement cost, screw the fact he was stupid enough to sell it as scrap, you cant buy it back at scrap price. he got off way too easy if ya ask me. just kuzz he is stupid is no excuse. who is paying for the lawyer, cort appointed payed for by tax payers. more $$ out of the working guys pay check so he can get off easy.

did the crime at 70, better be ready to do the time at 70.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Yeah, the judge was wrong in discounting the restitution like that. He confessed, so he's accountable for all of it. If it was stereo's or laptops, a fence is only going to pay 25% (if that), so why would it be any different for steel scrap?

I'm so disgusted that our nation has become a bunch of ACLU pansies who seem to think criminals have equal rights to non-criminal citizens (and have a feeling it's only getting worse under bama). You waived your rights as soon as you violated someone else's.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at