Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dynasty 200 dx compatibility

Hi All,
    Getting ready to take the plunge on a new Dynasty 200 DX. At the present I have a Dialarc HF-P that I bought new in 1984. My question is will I be able to adapt my torch, cooler, foot pedal, stinger and ground leads with out any other major costs. I am trying to figure out all of the accesories I am going to have to aquire for the Dynasty and what I have presently that I can still utilize. Thanks in advance for your input. It is appreciated.

Mike

you will need dinse connectors for the Torch, ground and stinger. You foot pedal is not compadible. You need rfcs-14. the foot pedal is around 240 new from miller and the Dinse around 35 each for non miller, 50-60 for miller
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Exclamation

as i understood it the Dyn200 comes with din's connectors, you might want to look into that closer be for spending the $$ only to end up with 2 sets.

as for the foot control, SSC is an excellent option and at a much nicer $$.
    http://stores.ebay.com/SSC-Controls-Company

congrats on the soon to be new TIG.

P.S. make shore of the ser# so you don't pay new model $$ for the old model.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

james, the HD Miller pedal is really nice and sturdy. I think all the HD adds is a bigger steel base for the pedal, but i really like it. My Dynasty didn't come with any Dinse connectors that i can recall (but my memory stinks!) I remember them coming with the contractor kit. Either way it should say so on the Miller site.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375

My SSC pedal is ok (using it on a 200dx as well), but it's nothing like the RFCS-14 that my dialarc had. That was a SWEET pedal.

I will probably add a heel plate and a wider/higher/heavier base to the SSC and then it should be better. It works fine, I just liked what a tank the dialarc's pedal was.

If the HD pedal is like the old RFCS-14 pedal, I would choose it.

it is an rfcs-14! hd
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375

The optional packages from Miller are really pricey. It seems if you pieced them together yourself you could save a ton of money. Is there any special options the welder has to be ordered with to be compatible with a water cooled torch? Thanks again for the input. Mike

My Dynasty came with 2 extra dinse connectors. Neither one of them were for the torch though, they were both the cable clamping style, but it would get your ground and stinger going right away though.
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

The Dynasty foot pedal uses a 1K ohm pot. with a 14 pin amphenol connector. Any mfg's pedal with the above specs should work.

The Dynasty uses the large 1/2" Dinse(International) connectors. They have a solid end with a small square lug sticking out.

I think your Dialarc uses the Tweco style connectors (Split end with a locking groove). If it does - they won't work on a Dynasty.

I used the two plain Dinse connectors that came with my 200DX for my work cable and stinger. For TIG torches used with a Dynasty there's at least three different possible connectors depending on what torch type and amperage rating you're using. Unless you get the contractor kit, Miller doesn't include the TIG torch connector because they have no way of knowing exactly what torch you'll be using.

The torch connectors for mine were purchased locally.
    Lenco P/N LDT-917-F for -17 air cooled torch (150 amp rated)
    Lenco P/N LDT-1820-L for -20 liquid cooled torch

metalmater
    Is there any special options the welder has to be ordered with to be compatible with a water cooled torch?

no just get the appropriate din's connector, see MR.57's post.
    turboglenn
    My Dynasty came with 2 extra dinse connectors. Neither one of them were for the torch though, they were both the cable clamping style, but it would get your ground and stinger going right away though.

thanks for clearing that up.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES