Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Very true Don52....BUT....there is a bunch of people who seem to come on this forum and say that they actually see and hear the HF jumping but still use whatever tungsten they feel like and act like they are totally incapable of getting into the menu or even cracking open a manual for that matter. I bet we have had a dozen or so threads on this very subject with almost no one saying they did what members advised. It just adds to the mystic of the Dynasty 200 having starting problems when it truth it is nothing more than operator error.
    If they would simply get up from their computer and try to systematically eliminate the causes rather than just waste electrons on the internet this forum wouldn't be so stinkin' redundant.
    For those who have legitimate problems I apologize...but I do feel that part of this problem lies in the fact that many Dynasty 200 owners are in an income bracket that can easily afford a welder this expensive for a hobby toy and are absolutely clueless when it comes to welding.
    And I thought that this site was to help everyone no matter what there income bracket, mentality, experience, ability, etc, etc, how wrong was I !
    Cheers

I had a similar problem some years ago, after lots of testing and frustration I replaced the "litz" cables to the HF unit, fixed problem. If you google "litz cable" it will tell you what it is. Not advising you to work on inside of machine though.
    Cheers

JakeSS, What made you decide to change these cables? Was there something that says they are bad? Just curious.

Todd

JakeSS, Next monday the machine goes back to Miller and I get my replacement.I the two electrial engineers from Miller couldn't fix it what hope do I have
    Thanks for the tip, I will keep that in mind if I ever have a problem in the future.
    Miller dynasty 350 Tigrunner
    Kemppi MLS 2300 ac/dc
    Kemppi Mastertig 2000 ac/dc
    Kemppi FastMig KM300
    Cigweld transmig 320SP

Quote Originally Posted by tsutt View Post
    JakeSS, What made you decide to change these cables? Was there something that says they are bad? Just curious.

Todd
    I ran a infra red temp meter over all cabling and one was hotter than the others, there was not any apparent reason for the cable to be hotter, so I pulled it out and stripped it, was definitely heat affected internal, replaced it and no more problems, may of been dodgy from new!

Default Arc Start board

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o2226g_mil.pdf
    try this link look on one of the last 5 pages PC7 part number 189939

Quote Originally Posted by Shredon View Post
    Doesn't that just wreck your day!

Mine just gave up as well! No more HF arc start period. My 200DX has 2hrs 04min on it It was bought in Aug 05. I have two other MIG welder so never used this much until I started to work with stainless. SN is LF169431.

I have tightened every external connection and tried all new parts. No luck.
    Anybody know where this elusive HF board is located? Can't find it in the manual. Also, is the HF start board used to switch a IGBT?

Cheers!

I hope your having a better day than me

Since his last post was more than four years ago, I think that he has probably figured it out by now.

Gotta love digging up the dead.