Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question Steel supplier???

where do y`all get your metal(angle,pipe,tubing,flat bar,rod) I useally get scarp but I running low , yesterday I notcied home depot has a bunch of different stuff,and I know tactor supplies does but I was wondering where y`all get your metal?

Inferno Forge

Chris

I don't know your area, but is there a Yellow Pages with "Steel Suppliers" in it? We have a half-dozen in this valley that specialize in supplying steel.

Home Depot will cost you three to four times as much as a real supplier. I've never bought steel there, and wouldn't even if I needed it on a Sunday.

TSC is just as bad as Home depot. i have picked up a pice once or twice there just to finish up some thing but no way can you get enough to build anything there. look threw the yellow pages or stop by a weld shop near you. ask them where they get theres , they might even resell to you if its a long trip to the steel suplyer. odds are good they will add a 20-30% markup though, depends on the shop and the amount you want.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I don't know your area, but is there a Yellow Pages with "Steel Suppliers" in it? We have a half-dozen in this valley that specialize in supplying steel.

Home Depot will cost you three to four times as much as a real supplier. I've never bought steel there, and wouldn't even if I needed it on a Sunday.
    Ok, where would you buy steel if you needed it on a Sunday?

I'd wait or make something else work...

Okay, I suppose if the world was ending, I might reconsider.

Hey Wireburner, try Burnett Salvage in Knoxville, 866-637-3996. They're on Prosser Rd. accross from the zoo. You'll find lots of stuff there.

Also try Riverbend Services, here in Crossville, 931-484-5030, he's reasonable, but it ain't scrap prices.
    Last edited by mudsplasher; 07-13-2007 at 05:02 PM.

I heard when you got to the scarp yard you can get whatever it just takes off of your weight

Inferno Forge

Chris