Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

What's going to happen to them grinders the first time the power strip is plugged in and you start welding before you hook up the ground?

not a dam thing. first is if the ground is not on the table you wont have any current obviously. You need a path to carry the circuit back to the welder.
    second reason is that the grinders are insulated. Third is that the power bar has a surge protector on it. fourth is that the voltage output of a welder is low. Welder are low voltage high amperage machines. If they were high voltage low amperage machines than YES it would be a problem. But then we would not have a welder...we would have a neon transformer ballast

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Yep and the welders things are nothing but a pile of metal
    How come everyone's been to my garage, and no one asked me out for a beer??????
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan L View Post
    how much of the corners would you round off?
    I rounded mine to about nickel size, using an angle grinder.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.