Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MM350p for FusionKing and others

Hi
    You seem to have the most experience with the 350p out here... was wondering about using other feeders like a 12 or 8 or s24 or even a cobramatic... know that the invision 350mpa has a manual pulse mode that allows to adjust for some of these and they seem to have the same power supply and basic firmware...? started a similar thread a couple of monthes ago and got zero response... have several feeders...

Also Miller techs and engineers please chime in..

Maybe some hidden menu's???

thanks
    Heiti

or anybody else that has any thoughts or experience on this..............
    thanks
    Heiti

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Hi
    You seem to have the most experience with the 350p out here... was wondering about using other feeders like a 12 or 8 or s24 or even a cobramatic... know that the invision 350mpa has a manual pulse mode that allows to adjust for some of these and they seem to have the same power supply and basic firmware...? started a similar thread a couple of monthes ago and got zero response... have several feeders...

Also Miller techs and engineers please chime in..

Maybe some hidden menu's???

thanks
    Heiti
    It is something that I would not know anything about myself. I would think it would sorta defeat the actual purpose of a 350P to use a separate feeder BECAUSE the drive assembly on a 350P is one of the most awsum things about it. I am certain it could be hooked up physically but as far as the programming goes, that would certainly be a question for a Miller tech or someone who knows a whole bunch more than me It's really a fairly inexpensive job specific package for what it is but not nearly as versatile as some of the higher end machines that it got some of it's design features from. It's still just a Miller-Matic.
    It would seem like the invision would lend itself more towards that, but it looks to me like you are really wanting an XMT 350 MPa then you can pulse spray in the most remote locations with your separate feeders.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

FusionKing
    guess I did not explain my question very well... why not have the best of both worlds... the awsome feeder of the MM350P AND the additional capability of other feeders... guessing both 350p and 350mpa are the same basic power supply and brain just in different packages ..
    thanks
    Heiti

Actually I would say the XMT 350 MPa is a much better and capable machine than the 350P as it can do much more than mig.
    The 350P is a shop machine only. I understand what you are asking but I do not see how you would set it with other feeders. I'm guessing you would have to set it on spoolgun and then just keep fooling with everthing untill you got it to weld correctly.
    If you had the XMT 350 MPa then you would simply set it up for the feeder you have and weld. I don't think the 350P feeder would be enuff to make anyone desire it over a top notch suitcase feeder in particular.
    They even sell the XMT350 MPa in a package with the feeder included...just check out the products tab above

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Default xmp

FusionKing
    the 350xmp is a fine machine but I do not need a multiprocess machine as I have plenty of tig machines including my Dynasty 350dx tigrunner.... have decided on and will be buying the MM350P.... the reason for the original question is that I have several suitcase feeders configured for different jobs,wire guns, etc. that at present are run off of either my TB301G or MM200 (yes you can run other feeders of of a slightly modded MM200) so I guess that I will find out for myself .... was just hoping that someone else had already played around with that option....

Thanks

Heiti

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    FusionKing
    the 350xmp is a fine machine but I do not need a multiprocess machine as I have plenty of tig machines including my Dynasty 350dx tigrunner.... have decided on and will be buying the MM350P.... the reason for the original question is that I have several suitcase feeders configured for different jobs,wire guns, etc. that at present are run off of either my TB301G or MM200 (yes you can run other feeders of of a slightly modded MM200) so I guess that I will find out for myself .... was just hoping that someone else had already played around with that option....

Thanks

Heiti
    Understood You just may become a pioneer in this instance

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Very interesting indeed. We run Invision 354Mp's at work but with the wrc-24's and 30a spool guns. We demo'd an XR feeder with an Aluma pro gun, it worked well but when it was time to get a new machine I told the boss to get the 350p. No regrets so far, if we actually run a feeder for steel / stainless or did some stick welding then the Invision makes sense. But since we use them exclusively for aluminum the 350p fits the bill to a T.

I look forward to hearing if/ when you conduct your evil experiments on your new machine!!!
    Last edited by c wagner; 11-17-2008 at 11:01 PM.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Check out this thread for more info http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ead.php?t=2357
    Miller XMT-350 CC/CV
    Miller S-22A wirefeeder
    Bernard 400A "Q" gun
    Miller 30-A Spoolmatic w/WC-24
    CK 210 & WP-18 GTAW torches
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    O/A Rig, Enco 4x6 bandsaw, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxer View Post
    Check out this thread for more info http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ead.php?t=2357

AAHHH!!...great thread even though not quite the answer we was looking for.
    Seems like the Miller techs haven't been answering much lately on here unless we start complaining about Trailblazers

SO THE QUESTION HERE IS ...CAN YOU RUN REMOTE FEEDERS ON A 350P AND ENJOY ALL OF IT'S FEATURES FROM AFAR?????
    I know on spoolgun you can and it is unreal, but other than... that I know zilch. I am betting the RC types will do it tho

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX