Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ace - appreciate the help

Sundown- I've got the Miller MIG handbook in hardcopy, I just needed some real world feedback. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by nfinch86 View Post
    mrs.57........... WTF...........
    nfinch-
    Your use of "Mrs." in a derogatory fashion is duly noted. If you have a problem with women, or women welding, I suggest that in the future you keep it to yourself. I don't know how things are up in Canada but we have females in the local ironworker's union down here and I'm quite sure they would be willing to set you straight if you were bold enough to insult them in person. In simpler terms: Don't let your mouth write a check that your a*s can't cash.

I replied "WTF" because that was my initial impression of the completely unintelligible and pointless post you typed. I am not a "grammer nazi" but I'm sure everyone reading your comments would appreciate it if you at least made an attempt to contribute something useful and didn't clutter their thread with your irrelevant comments, needless quotes, and ridiculously large signature. If your welding is as poor as your command of plain English, I sincerely hope that you do not weld on anything structural. Looking at your other posts you have contributed absolutely nothing to the knowledge base in this forum other than Canadian discount tire has cheap prices on consumables. You appear to post solely to pad your post count numbers.

Have a nice day.

Default nfinch86- Canadian Weldor:

MR 57; I'M SORRY Your So Easily Upset, You Say you have read my other Posts, Then you'll Realize I Said I Had Not Mig Welded in 35 Yrs.! As there are not many Mig Welder On a Construction Site! As Far as IronWorkers are Concerned You Would Not Know One if you Saw One!!With reguards To the English Language I Think I'll Survive!! Pad my Stat Count,Whats that Supposed to Mean??
    Have a Good Day to You Sir ............ Norm :

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Nfinch86(Norm),

Padding your post count means posting totally irrelevant (useless) information which adds nothing to the post. This is something you seem to do quite often.

The excessive use of CAPS in your posting is quite irritating.

If you keep telling everyone that you're a "Professional Welder" maybe some of the newbee's here will believe you. The true professionals will know better. Even though I'm from VA, I still subscribe to the "show me, don't tell me" school of thought. You have yet to "show me" that you are a professional and have the skills/knowledge to back it up.

A little more thought and a lot less typing would go a long way towards adding to your credibility.

Just my observations.

Sundown you are correct about being needing to see work. I can tell you how bevel steel and how to put together and how to weld it. You would said that boy know his stuff. But the second I pick up the tools you will know that I am weak rookie at welding. Espically if you are a professional yourself. This goes in all type of career fields.

In the company that I work we use a 92/8 mixture. We do every thing from short arc, spray transer, and pulse welding. You will achieve higher penetration with 100% CO2 but will be unable to spray arc. The excess amount of weld splatter is also a draw back. Straight CO2 is much cheaper as well. A 92/8 mixture will do all that you want to do but is quite a lot more expensive. Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by herzet View Post
    In the company that I work we use a 92/8 mixture. We do every thing from short arc, spray transer, and pulse welding. You will achieve higher penetration with 100% CO2 but will be unable to spray arc. The excess amount of weld splatter is also a draw back. Straight CO2 is much cheaper as well. A 92/8 mixture will do all that you want to do but is quite a lot more expensive. Just my 2 cents worth.
    I have to disagree with this. I used (twice) 98% Ar / 2% Oxy. I hated it and will never use it again. I could not get it to wet out and it ran a very high bead in the center, and had lots of undercut on the outside. I used it for spray. It would spray at the lower volts, but I like 90/10 lots better. It did run hotter. I never used it in short arc. I still have a full bottle of it that I need to get rid of.

Maybe you are taking about 98 ar/ 2 co2. I have never used that, and never heard of it, but they might make it.

My sugestion to the orginal poster is to get a used smith mixer like I said before. 2 bottles of gas, two regulators, and a used mixer can be had for less than $500. that way you get the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I have to disagree with this. I used (twice) 98% Ar / 2% Oxy. I hated it and will never use it again. I could not get it to wet out and it ran a very high bead in the center, and had lots of undercut on the outside. I used it for spray. It would spray at the lower volts, but I like 90/10 lots better. It did run hotter. I never used it in short arc. I still have a full bottle of it that I need to get rid of.

Maybe you are taking about 98 ar/ 2 co2. I have never used that, and never heard of it, but they might make it.

My sugestion to the orginal poster is to get a used smith mixer like I said before. 2 bottles of gas, two regulators, and a used mixer can be had for less than $500. that way you get the best of both worlds.

We have all of our weld gas delivered in bulk (semi tanks). We have a mixing station that mixes our gas 92% argon and 8% CO2. We have ran this mixture for 25+ years. It is a great gas mixture for production line welding. The reduced splatter is a giant plus. We weld any thing from 20 ga up to and including 1/2 inch. Our main wire is .045 Lincoln L56. We have no trouble with spray transfer. It make a difference using 3 phase industrial welding equipment though. All of our new weld machines are Miller Acess 450's. They are a GREAT running machine.