Quote Originally Posted by turbo38t View Post
Ok, this is what I have started to make. It's my poor attempt at ms paint LOL. I have the parts made and my drawing is not nearly to scale. The shaft that needs to be pushed/pulled to engage/disengage pump is 3/4" diameter with a detent ball. It takes a good whack with ur palm to engage/disengage. Orinally the cable had some brackets and pulled directly off the end of the shaft where the lever hooks to it. No, I am keeping the same engage direction but reversing where the cable is coming from. At the same time I am increasing leverage at a a 2:1 ratio. It's pretty simple but hope it works. Th shaft needs to throw1 3/8" overall, so the cable end of my lever needs to move approx 2 3/4" overall. The holes in the lever are at 3 5/8" center to center for the outside and the middle hole is about 1 3/16" from either hole on center. The link that attaches to the shaft and lever is to allow the slight vertical movement of the pivot point on the lever as it is pulled and the angle changes. Otherwise you would be attempting to pull the shaft upwards. Does this make sense? Does anyone think it will/won't work? Thanks. Dave
The old school Military 5 Ton Wreckers had a clevis and pin setup.
What if you applied that to both the cable(top of your drawing) to the lever,if possible,
and also at the main push/pull shaft?.
Maybe on your shaft one you ran two of them back to back with threaded rod in between, so you can adjust your travel?.