Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default trailer axle source near Orlando

I am looking for any info on a good retailer for Dexter axles in the Orlando to Daytona Beach area. What I want is two 6" drop 3500s x 92" and I want one with the parking brake option so it will need to be a special order. I can wait until his next order so I really want someone who wants to make a few (vs. many) bucks on a quick turn order.
    Tony

Good luck on finding a reasonably priced axle here in Fl., I deal with a company in Arkansas for all of my trailer needs but you must have your occupational license to purchase from them.

Redneck Trailer supply is probably the biggest supplier here in Fl. but they are mighty proud of their stock and their prices reflect that. Another source here in Fl. is The Expeditor located down in Boca Raton or Boynton, can't remember which.

You may find it cheaper to deal with Champion Trailer in La., or maybe ABC trailer parts, or another name to toss at you would be Gator Trailer in Ga. I don't have the phone numbers handy at the moment but all have web sites and are easily found with a google search. If you need more info send me a pm and I'll give you a list of vendors that I use for all of my trailer parts.

Who are you buying your steel from? I have found that Modern Welding in Orlando is generally cheaper than dealing with Alro Metals but Alro gives much better service. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

You may want to check out Tie Down Engineering at: www.tiedown.com. It's not a Dexter, but the spindles are replaceable if a bearing should ever go bad and wreck one. Just a thought.
    Have a great day!

John Leisner
    Product Manager
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Owner and user of:
    Trailblazer 302 and Legend 301
    Smith Dual Guard oxy-fuel system
    Various borrowed Millermatics and Spectrums.

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    Who are you buying your steel from? I have found that Modern Welding in Orlando is generally cheaper than dealing with Alro Metals but Alro gives much better service. Dave
    Looking at the web site, it is not ovious that Modern Welding actually sold steel. I will need to give them a call. Do they just sell excess stuff or do they have a full line?

Modern welding carries a full line of mild and stainless steels. If you get a cheaper quote elsewhere they will normally match or beat the competition and offer free delivery. The only bad thing for me using them is that they only deliver down in my area on Mon. and Thurs., not sure how they do it in your area. Their number is 407-843-1270 or 800-641-6789
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

dabar39,
    I started a new thread called 'ordering metal'. Maybe you could look at it.
    thanks,
    tony

try Fergusons in melbourne fl. there on 192
    ph# 321-723-5425

I'll put in another plug for www.championtrailers.com. I've not ordered their axles, but they stock many different kinds and they've been very reasonable on the other things that I have ordered from them.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I'll put in another plug for www.championtrailers.com. I've not ordered their axles, but they stock many different kinds and they've been very reasonable on the other things that I have ordered from them.
    They also have plans for a couple of utility trailers.