Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my new grill

Default my new grill

I finally finished my grill. My father and myself had talked about making a grill like this for a while just been to busy but I finally found the time.
    the original plan was to make one out of a old oil drum, but no matter what you did to it it would still look like a oil drum, so I bent the sheet up at work and went to town, hope you like it, it was alot of fun to build
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trailblazer 302G
    MM 210 with spool gun
    Thermal Arc Heffty2 CC/CV suitcase
    Smith torches
    Porter Cable 14" carbide chop saw
    griders and hand tools coming out the WAZOO

I owe! I owe! so off to work I go!

I like it dude that's a smokin grill. Hey how do you post pictures on here?
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

****!!! you need to go to a public park and show it off!!!
    WAY TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AWSOME JOB!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    I . Hey how do you post pictures on here?
    it took me a while to figure it out, I had to set me camera to a lower res. as to not make the file to big and then you go to manage attachment when you post a reply or start a thread and upload them there

Sorry I didn't give more info on the grill (it was late) anyway the cooking surface is 6'x4' it's roughly the same dimensions as a oil drum. the bottom tub is made out of 11 ga. and the top cover is 14 ga. The connecting rod handles and the piston stops are all out of a chevy 350 we hade lying around. I built the top intake out of 1/8" alum and the header pipes were off of a street rod. I painted it with 1200 deg header paint so it should last and the pipe bumper in the front is stainless. we had about 30lbs of chicken, 20 burgers, 15 sausages, and a tray of peppers and onions all going at the same time with three of us cooking , it will easily do 150lb pig with no problems
    Trailblazer 302G
    MM 210 with spool gun
    Thermal Arc Heffty2 CC/CV suitcase
    Smith torches
    Porter Cable 14" carbide chop saw
    griders and hand tools coming out the WAZOO

I owe! I owe! so off to work I go!

That is one awesome looking grill. Slide a whole beef quarter on there no problem!

Sweet!!!

I really like the way you used the rods to support the handles and the rod and piston as a stop for the lid.

Cool

That AWESOME!!

Inferno Forge

Chris