Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tig welder

Default tig welder

has any body used a lincoln ideil-arch 250 for tig welding? are they any good and how much do you think a used one is worth? i have a guy that wants to trade me for my race truck body dont want to get ripped off thanks jason
    miller 330 a/pb tig miller 175 mig
    student and hobbiest

With Lincoln Electric, you always get ripped off!
    Save our species! Lower metal prices!

Lightbulb Re

The lincoln Ideil is a good machine.It runs smooth anyway.So is the truck body worth keeping around or is it just more clutter I'm a miller fan my self but if
    I had a truck body laying around verses a welding machine that could possibly bring in more cash so i can buy the miller I realy want well you know.

the truck is for sale it was offered as part trade for it i was asking $4300 or $3000 as rollerwww.cardomain.com/id/link523 i am not sure what the lincoln is worth wish it where a miller but no one has any money here in michigan ever one just wants to trade been offered 2 cars 3 truck 2 motors with trans but nothing i wanted tell this welder
    student and hobbiest

Default oh ya

Those m/c are bullet proof weve had them around my plant for 25 years in just about every dirty hole imaginable we must have 30 or 40 of them they use to run about 1200 canadian (500 americanLOL) and they hold there own for tig welding (general repairs)

My Syncrowave 250 was about $3500 ready to weld , includeing an argon bottle, so unless the welder is in really good shape you might be getting the raw end. I dont know how the Lincolns compair price wise , but I'm sure you would be satisfyed with the machine. Then again if you cant sell the truck body and the welder is in good shape , it might be the way to go, especially if the truck body is outside in the weather getting rusty and loosing value.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

the trucks inside the welder is old 70,s with hi-freq box and argon bottle it looks old some rust on out side he said it is like 500-600 pounds
    student and hobbiest

If you can see rust on the outside, the coil could be in pretty bad shape.

Default licoln

Just remember this if you decide to swap. The lincoln is one of the hardest machines to get parts for I have delt with them for years and it always take about 5 calls & 2mnths for the parts to get to my door step so if the machine is not in the best of shape don't go there.Besides if you can make that kinda money on the truck I'd hold out for a better swap.

P.s with miller I get my parts within a week or less.

Lincoln welders may be good when new but they don't last like miller welders!