Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newest project

yea i really want to start practicing with the tig i bought it used its a syncrowave 250 and the mig i have is a millermatic 140 but the only thing i need is to get gas for my tig and then i can start practicing.....Cant wait until i can use it on these frames it will make them look alot cleaner.....

I got the front end done tonight i should be able to post some more pics tomm....Forgot my camera today....seems like everytime i build something i forget to take pics lol

Sweet looking action shot!!!

I always seem to forget my camera too.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

here are the pics of what i finished last night and also a couple pics of the jig i built so i can build the a-arms.....Let me know what you guys think.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

thats great man!!
    what are you using to bend the tubing??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

turbo38t Guest

Whee are you from? Did you ever race at that ATV drag strip in Rush, Pa(Northeast Pa)?
    Quote Originally Posted by t chassis View Post
    thanks everyone....i posted a pic of me racing mine its a 443cc banshee and made 116hp ran 300ft in 3.9 seconds at 80 mph....wont have pics of this one racing till next summer...But i am using .065 chro molly and actually just using a mig....I know alot of people dont agree with this but i have read alot about it and people seem to be torn on which is actually better i mean i know tig is better and has a smaller haz but i just bought my first tig and havnt even turned it on yet i still have to learn how to tig....And i built my own jig to keep the a-arms true and straight didnt cost me anything just stuff we already had...Ill get some pics of it also while im building the a-arms.....i wish i could give you more info but i am also just learning and improving my techniques...I actually am only 18 and this is only the 3rd chassis i have done...i have bought alot of new equipment lately and this is the first frame i have got to use it on....I can say from experiance i will never hesitate to buy good equipment the first time from now on it makes projects so much easy....

im from west virginina and no never heard of a track in pa..is it dirt or sand?

turbo38t Guest

Dirt. It's quite popular now actually. They have two tracks.....a sled track and a bike/quad track I guess. It's in Rush, Pa . Will try to get ya more info....Dave
    im from west virginina and no never heard of a track in pa..is it dirt or sand?

that sounds great thanks alot....and i am using a jd2 tubing bender to make the bends

that sounds great thanks alot....and i am using a jd2 tubing bender to make the bends
    Nice looking bends! what are the limits on the bender?
    Kelly

Trailblazer 301D
    2 XMT 304's
    Dynasty 300 Tigrunner
    Spectrum 2050
    XR with ALUMA-PRO
    12RC suitcase
    Millermatic 251
    60a feeder
    Ellis 1600
    Bridgeport
    16" southbend