Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newest project

here is the website to the bender i have the model 3 http://www.jd2.com/ .....i would also like to get a tubing roller to make some long graduall bends but for now this is plenty good...

Ahh yes... that is prety much the same as the one i use, got mine from "pro-tools" down in Fla. cost was O.K. around $900.00 with one die back in 2001... i'm sure they've gone up since
    Kelly

Trailblazer 301D
    2 XMT 304's
    Dynasty 300 Tigrunner
    Spectrum 2050
    XR with ALUMA-PRO
    12RC suitcase
    Millermatic 251
    60a feeder
    Ellis 1600
    Bridgeport
    16" southbend
    Too many Hand tools...

yes i was going to get that one they seemed pretty much the same....and i bought 5 dies with mine so i wouldnt have to worry about getting them later on....

Really cool project, cant wait to see the finished product. Thanks for sharing the progress. I meant to post earlier but forgot. I was wondering what the thing on the floor is in the last picture on youre first post. It looks like a little miniature Miller Elite American Flag welding helmet.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

thats my tape measure actually but it does look like that lol i never noticed that until you said something.....

newset update sorry its been awhile guys lol had these pics just never posted..
    Attached Images Attached Images

T Chassis,

good on ya! The Banshee looks hot! You will love the tig welding once you get into it! I have had my Dynasty for a couple of months now and it truly addicting! I haven't by any means mastered it but it opens up so many options as to what I can weld, my only regrets are that I didn't have one 10 years ago!

As for tungsten grinding, yup in the beginning you will learn as much about tungsten grinding as welding! I found that my little Dremel tool with their diamond cutoff wheel works great and takes up no real estate and (I already had it) I also got a glass smooth grind in a matter of seconds (chuck the tungsten in a cordless) the Dremel held in a vertical position.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired Elevator Consrtructor Local 19 IUEC
    AK bush pilot (no longer in AK) too old and no longer bold)
    Chaplain CMA chapter 26
    Dynasty200dx (new and loving it)
    MM-252 (NEW AND LEARNING IT)
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Miller 140 mig 110v
    Vtwin builder

Thumbs up

cool looks like it's going to be fun.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by t chassis View Post
    newset update sorry its been awhile guys lol had these pics just never posted..
    Hey how do you make jigs for your swingarms and a-arms? I race them and $600 for a set of steel arms is insane and $500 for an aluminum swingarm is even worse, I've been trying to think of way to make a jig for my suzuki quadracer arms. Thanks

I have never made a jig for a set of suspended a-arms just jigs for a-arms like these...i have a whole new jig now and am almost finished with another chassi i will post pics of it soon....but i have been wanting to build a set of a-arms like you are talking about i just dont have a trail bike so i cant do it, and i want to build a set for a personal bike a test them before i would chance selling someone something i have never personally tested....as for swingarms i have a jig set-up to build any type of atv swingarm well as far as chain driven atv...but also have only built swingarms for drag bikes which dont do any ramping or anything, i dont doubt that i would be able to build one for trail riding, but again i want to try it and ride it personally before i would put someone else in danger....