Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default A big thanks out to John Locke with Tig Solutions

Miller sent out one of their guys to look over our shop's process. Our shop does anodized aluminum, which is somewhat rare and typically only done in th emarine industry. Therefore, it's somewhat of a mystery and people in that field weld it as it has been found to work well in the past. There's been little to no scientific testing done on it.

Anyway, it was to be a visit that hopefully will benefit Miller in their future plans, as well as ours. They sent out John Locke, from the Tig Solutions department. As with most of Miller's guys, John is very knowledgable. He is well spoken and was able to communicate with office personnel and shop employees equally as well. He answered a lot of questions we had, and helped reinforce some answers we already had gotten.

Thanks for your visit, John!! You're always welcome to come back. All you have to do is ask and let us know when you'd like to come by!

Default That's Great!

Engloid,

It is good to hear John came by the plant. I assume you are speaking of the plant in Maryville, TN. I do not know John personally. However, I have had excellent customer service from all the TIG guys and many Miller product managers as well. If Miller comes back out, please drop me a line. I always enjoy meeting or getting reacquainted with them. If you have the opportunity to meet with Mark ( Johnson-I think ) you will really like him. You two have a lot in common.

BTW: Are you still "bump" welding the fitted tube joints using the momentary on with the big Syncrowaves? I'll send you a PM with my business cell phone. It is good to see you around the forum.

Default bump welding tubing

hi i am from australia
    do you have any tips for bump welding
    chrome moly tubing joints
    thank you
    geoff