Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Miller Blue - colour code ?

Does someone know a color code for Miller Blue ?

-pete

i use krylon, but miller sells actual color paint in spray, quarts, and i think gal.
    don't know if they give out a code for it though.
    i can get you a part# for the paint, they have an old & new blue so the year of the equipment will matter as to the color.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

thanks James, I was intrested in that too!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

it dosent give me a paint code but here are the parts #'s for the paint from Miller
    098 205 12oz spray (new) miller blue enamel
    604 490 12oz spray (old)
    098 204 quart, air dry enamel (new)
    098 203 gallon, air dry enamel (new)
    sorry no #'s for larger sizes in old ???
    also only have the 12oz spray for hobart gray ?? its 193 340 if any one is interested.
    i got a few pages of individual stickers be it warning's or Millers but dont see a kit, you might be able to find one in the owners manual but i suspect its a replace one at a time thing.
    i dont have the old Miller sticker but if you do a serch some one found one befor so the # might be here in the site some where.
    also herd of some one getting one off e-pay, sorry e-bay.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Here's the paint code direct from miller. The paint code is C5885 it is a Dupont paint. Should be easily matched at any other paint store now. Happy painting.

cool is that new or old blue??
    i'll put it in my parts book so i have it handy for next time.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

If you have a paint vendor that can translate from the Pantone color system it's 'PMS 300'.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    cool is that new or old blue??
    i'll put it in my parts book so i have it handy for next time.
    That's the new blue Fun.

thanks just wanted to keep it clear for every one.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Well, now that I have 7 cans of engine enamel lying around I can officially say that "Duplicolor" Old Ford Blue #DE1621 or possibly Ford Blue #DE1601 is about as close as it comes to a '96 Bobcat 225G+ complete with Texas sun fade. I listed both colors because I'm convinced that they have the wrong labels on them. I touched up my 'Cat" with the 1601 and it looks perfect but the color on the cap would make you run screaming from the store. The chip on the website for the 1621 is a dead match but what came out of the can looks like midnight blue. Go figure?

Anyway you can wet sand it and compund it and it shines up really well.

Hope someone gets some benefit from this experience!