Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default What boat?

The railings look great. The larger diameter will also make a deck ape feel a little more comfortable in rough seas.

Has anyone used hole cutters for coping. Go to www.mcmaster.com and access page 2366 in their online catalog. These are normally used with a mag drill but I have had greats results using them in a mill or even lathe. these cutters are precise with negligible runout and are much heavier than a hole saw. It would take a lot of cuts through any tubing to wear one out.
    the carbide would last until you chipped it.

What little coping I have done I have used my milling machine. For small stuff, 1" or less I have used an end mill with great results.

Speeds and feeds is everything in making a cut, not matter what cut you are making. Lubrication and/or coolant is a big factor also. By the time you know your cutting tool is hot, it is too late.

What kind of boat is is going on? Keep the pics coming.

Grits
    Last edited by grits; 11-02-2008 at 08:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.