Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Excellent... I'll be trying that out, is there a special way to access it on the older ones?
    Kelly

Trailblazer 301D
    2 XMT 304's
    Dynasty 300 Tigrunner
    Spectrum 2050
    XR with ALUMA-PRO
    12RC suitcase
    Millermatic 251
    60a feeder
    Ellis 1600
    Bridgeport
    16" southbend
    Too many Hand tools...

Quote Originally Posted by pyro2 View Post
    Excellent... I'll be trying that out, is there a special way to access it on the older ones?
    Get your serial number writen down and get a copy of your manual from the main Miller website. There's a place in the book that will tell you how and what it can do. Also, the newest of the new 200dx's have a waveform adjustment in the hidden menus. I think you have sign wave, square wave, advanced square wave and triangle wave on them, they are the ones produced from i believe mid-august 08 until current. Mine was made in the beginning of august and doesnt' have them I tried getting the seller to get me a new one some how on exchange or something but my sales rep couldn't get that one past management.
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

That's when I would have went elsewhere and bought the machine I WANTED!
    Not your fault they want to sell off old stock.
    My LWS was intelligent enuff to realize that I was buying a new Dynasty because of the new features. This is the exact reason why people are flocking to the internet!!

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    That's when I would have went elsewhere and bought the machine I WANTED!
    Not your fault they want to sell off old stock.
    My LWS was intelligent enuff to realize that I was buying a new Dynasty because of the new features. This is the exact reason why people are flocking to the internet!!
    Well, i didn't know until well after i had bought the machine and put some hours on it, probably too many to have worked it out anyway. Oh well, You live and you learn and i let them take me for a ride and get an old dynasty out the door. hopefully these posts stop if from happening to any one else or at least gets thme a discount if the dynasty isn't the newest one. I did get it at a decent amount off retail, but i'm not sure what they really took me for honestly because i bought way too much stuff to know what i really should have gotten off of everything together. I do know i get better pricing than any one i know and for a while even got the price their 5k a week buyer was getting on rods and gas. Once my final numbers were in the system there i still only pay 4 dollars over what they get it for and they're a HUGE company. I have a friend that i use to live near and he works the counter and did the best he could for me but honestly the counter guys aren't too knowledgable about welding once you get past the basics.
    Last edited by turboglenn; 11-08-2008 at 08:33 PM.
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45

sorry, double postted when i meant to edit.
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45

Yea I certainly understand BTDT sorta like when I got sold a Bobcat when I really should have gotten a Trailblazer. Sometimes salesmen sell what they have not what you want or need
    Seriously tho there is not much difference between the 2 models. I DO use the soft squarewave the most but truly had or have no problem with the advanced squarewave. I seldom use the sinewave unless I am doing some sort of an outside corner not all the time...like on used metal. Triangle wave..well to tell the truth it is hard for me to tell if it's a bell or a whistle and I doubt that's a feature Lincoln or others are gonna rush to compete with. I have found it useful for me to heat bent sheetmetal (aluminum) for straightening and it doesn't leave all those little arc pits all over like you normally do when doing that.
    I will say tho starting the arc is more powerful than I had my first one set and you simply do not even need tungsten to create an arc...I have forgotten mine and wasted the collet in the process!! I think turning up the start amps a bunch would make a big difference on the older model.
    The only reason i have this one I got now is because I could not work without mine so I got one to replace it while in the shop and sold the year old one when fixed.
    In fact I sorta liked the way the older one acted when peaked out on 115v better than the newer one. The older one had the sound change some but I notice the arc seems to suffer a bit when topping out on 115v on the newer model to me anyhow. I've only done it a couple times so it could just be me looking for changes. I have a habit of just leaving it set on 200 sometimes so it ain't hard to experience max 115v. (or popped breakers for that matter)
    Truth be known I prolly use my Dynasty at least twice as much or more on 115v than 230v simply because I CAN they really do a great job,that's for sure.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300

Well, I stuymbled upon the link i mentioned in my last post so i wanted to find this and update it it for anyone searching about th dynasty
    's hidden menu in the future. THis is what i keep printed out and laminated in my contractor case should I need to use any of these and not be able to remember them exactly in my head.

Here ya go, enjoy
    http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/Dynasty_guide.pdf

I googled looking for this forever the other day and it was just under a "user guide" link on the dynasty page LOL
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45

Gents,

I am new to this forum and new at tig welding. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a 200dx (new model) and I am having a blast learning it. I know it can run on 110v however I have it running off of 220V in the shop. Am I to assume you all carry around a 110 male plug when you take the machine remote?

This forum has been great for sorting out this great machine!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrachop View Post
    Gents,

I am new to this forum and new at tig welding. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a 200dx (new model) and I am having a blast learning it. I know it can run on 110v however I have it running off of 220V in the shop. Am I to assume you all carry around a 110 male plug when you take the machine remote?

This forum has been great for sorting out this great machine!

Tim
    Yup you sure can...I use mine more for 115v than 230v because I am too lazy to hunt up a 230v

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300

Fusion King,

What is the max ampres AC-DC you work with using the Dynasty?
    I am so new to the process I probably have the Max ampres higher then necessary and just find myself using less of the peddle. I have yet to use anything but the default settings.

Sure hard to imagine using anything other then an inverter machine in a shop that doesn't have 3 phase. I would be greasing the electric meter if I were running a Syncrowave 200.

Have you run your machine off of a Generator? If so what size?

Thanks,

Tim